CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Booking A Cruise While On A Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/394294-booking-cruise-while-cruise.html)

Aerogirl January 22nd, 2013 11:06 PM

Booking A Cruise While On A Cruise

While cruising on my past cruises I've see a booth were you can book another cruise. My question is; "Is there any advantage to doing so"?

Is there a time frame that you can book for?
When I'm on my cruise in December 2013 can I book one for January 2015 since it's only 13 months away?
Any perks?

aerospace January 22nd, 2013 11:39 PM

Depends on the cruise line, usually if you put at least a deposit down you will get some on board credit on your future cruise. For instance if you put $100 down on a celebrity transatlantic you get $300 credit(longer cruises get more). Most of them don't require you to actually book on board just put a deposit down and you can pick the cruise later.

I was on a cruise and inquired about staying on for the next sailing and was offered a "special price" and was told not to tell anyone. Apparently there was a sale going on later that week only for Florida residents(which I'm not), but she said no one would check.

cruise planner January 23rd, 2013 01:39 AM

I ALWAYS advise my clients that if they want to do another cruise with the same cruise line to take advantage of the future cruise offers. They are a very good deal because the deposit is reduced, you get onboard credit, you don't have to select a specific cruise and date, plus you can can cancel and get a full refund, so it's win-win situation. And you can tell them you're working with an agent and the agent will then be given the information so they can service it for you. There's really no downside to it.

Carnival has done away with their future cruise certificate program, so alot of people are very irritated with them. I just hope this is not something other cruise lines are considering.

Pete

Aerogirl January 23rd, 2013 10:42 AM

Thanks. I was curious if it was some big deals when booking aboard but looks to be nothing special. I'll stick with booking with my TA.

We always cruise in late November & early December and want to move the time to late January when the weather is really cold and thought just maybe we would book while on board the Liberty.

Lakers Fan January 23rd, 2013 11:48 AM

When we were on our cruise in March 2012 we booked a cruise for October 2013 . We have $300 ship credit .

cruise planner January 23rd, 2013 09:43 PM

Yes, you can still book a future cruise with Carnival, but you can no longer book a future cruise certificate. The difference is that with a future cruise, you have to select a specific cruise and with a future cruise certificate you don't - you can wait to decide at a later date.

If you know exactly what you want, then it's still a good deal - you just don't have the flexibility that a future cruise certificate offers.

Pete