Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Question Booking A Cruise While On A Cruise

While cruising on my past cruises I've see a booth were you can book another cruise. My question is; "Is there any advantage to doing so"?

Is there a time frame that you can book for?
When I'm on my cruise in December 2013 can I book one for January 2015 since it's only 13 months away?
Any perks?

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Captain

Depends on the cruise line, usually if you put at least a deposit down you will get some on board credit on your future cruise. For instance if you put $100 down on a celebrity transatlantic you get $300 credit(longer cruises get more). Most of them don't require you to actually book on board just put a deposit down and you can pick the cruise later.

I was on a cruise and inquired about staying on for the next sailing and was offered a "special price" and was told not to tell anyone. Apparently there was a sale going on later that week only for Florida residents(which I'm not), but she said no one would check.

11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries

Next cruise: None scheduled
PM me if you need a cruisemate for any Europe, transatlantic, or Panama Canal cruises
Date, ship, cost pp
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:39 AM
Admiral

I ALWAYS advise my clients that if they want to do another cruise with the same cruise line to take advantage of the future cruise offers. They are a very good deal because the deposit is reduced, you get onboard credit, you don't have to select a specific cruise and date, plus you can can cancel and get a full refund, so it's win-win situation. And you can tell them you're working with an agent and the agent will then be given the information so they can service it for you. There's really no downside to it.

Carnival has done away with their future cruise certificate program, so alot of people are very irritated with them. I just hope this is not something other cruise lines are considering.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!

Last edited by cruise planner; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Thanks. I was curious if it was some big deals when booking aboard but looks to be nothing special. I'll stick with booking with my TA.

We always cruise in late November & early December and want to move the time to late January when the weather is really cold and thought just maybe we would book while on board the Liberty.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Admiral

When we were on our cruise in March 2012 we booked a cruise for October 2013 . We have $300 ship credit .
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Yes, you can still book a future cruise with Carnival, but you can no longer book a future cruise certificate. The difference is that with a future cruise, you have to select a specific cruise and with a future cruise certificate you don't - you can wait to decide at a later date.

If you know exactly what you want, then it's still a good deal - you just don't have the flexibility that a future cruise certificate offers.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!