Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Question about a balcony

I know that most people here a balcony on a cruise . We will be cruising to a relatively cold climate and leaving from a very cold climate port .Would you still suggest a balcony ?
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Admiral

It really is a personal choice. Some people just want the balcony because of the big glass doors and it affords a more open environment even if they can't use it due to weather. It also depends on your budget and whether it's really worth it to you, keeping in mind that the size between a balcony and an oceanview is relatively the same, and once you leave the cabin, everything is equal.

Since we travel alot and it's more important for us to go on the cruise than the type of cabin, we'll give up the balcony and do an inside cabin so we can cruise more often. Plus, it leaves us more money to do things in port. But others only travel once a year and it's more important for them to get a balcony or even a junior suite to make the whole experience more special.

Having a balcony that you can't use can often be money spent wisely or not. Just depends on what you want.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!

Last edited by cruise planner; February 10th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

LF,
How long will you be in the colder climate?? Sometimes, its just a day or two...For me, yes, I still enjoy a balcony...Even cruising through Alaska when it is on the chilly side, nice to view the scenery on the balcony and when you are cold, just go back inside the cabin. How long is this cruise?

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Admiral

I love a balcony even in cooler climates. I enjoyed our balcony during our Alaska cruise.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Default Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
LF,
How long will you be in the colder climate?? Sometimes, its just a day or two...For me, yes, I still enjoy a balcony...Even cruising through Alaska when it is on the chilly side, nice to view the scenery on the balcony and when you are cold, just go back inside the cabin. How long is this cruise?
This is a 15 day cruise .The entire time we will be in cold areas .