Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Alcohol article

Hi - couple of things are missing from the article...
Oceania's Wine Policy:

Can I purchase bottles of wine at ports of call and bring them onboard?
Guests wishing to purchase wine in a port of call and bring it onboard with them may do so, limited to three (3) bottles per stateroom. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship's dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle

NCL:

Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Celebrity:

There are some exceptions to the no wine from port rule:

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you at the beginning of the cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25. The only exception to this policy is on our "Wine Cruises," which depart on the following dates:
• Celebrity Century: April 27, 2013, and Sept. 26, 2013
• Celebrity Infinity: Sept. 6, 2013 - Oct. 12, 2013
• Celebrity Millennium: Sept. 13, 2013
• Celebrity Solstice: May 6, 2013, and Sept. 13, 2013
On the sail dates above, those who book a company-sponsored winery tour are permitted to bring two bottles of wine from the winery onboard per stateroom on the day of the tour. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Captain

On my last celebrity cruise in december many people brought wine on in the ports(including me) and I never saw anyone check or ask questions about it.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
On my last celebrity cruise in december many people brought wine on in the ports(including me) and I never saw anyone check or ask questions about it.
Exactly.. the policy and enforcement are completely diferent animals. Princess's policy is pretty clear now but a guy boarding in AU yesterday had 9 bottles of wine confiscated. Not a happy camper and will be interesting to see how that gets resolved.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just an update on the Princess confiscating wine issue, the 9 bottles were returned to the passenger.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thank you Bernie, I appreciate the clarification.

I have also see much different policies where bringing wine and other alcohol purchased in port onboard is concerned. Generally they don't take it, and if they do they should (and will) make arrangements to return it to you when the cruise ends.

Your customs allowance is a separate topic. Not the cruise line's responsibility.