CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Turks and Caicos cruise port closed due to virus outbreak (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/395177-turks-caicos-cruise-port-closed-due-virus-outbreak.html)

Aerogirl March 18th, 2013 03:05 PM

Turks and Caicos cruise port closed due to virus outbreak

Caribbean News Now!: Travel News
I read another article that said it's not only Carnival but all ships.

Trip March 18th, 2013 04:19 PM

I think this may be a first!:shock:

Aerogirl March 18th, 2013 04:22 PM

I would rather go anywhere than chance getting sick. I'm looking forward to that port as we have never been.

Trip March 18th, 2013 06:14 PM

It's a nice beach day..... You can shop with sandy toes:)

Aerogirl March 18th, 2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1467724)
It's a nice beach day..... You can shop with sandy toes:)

Love it! :)

Ron March 18th, 2013 11:42 PM

Ok--who will be the first to file a suit and who all are they going to sue--the Gov. of the Turks and Caicos, the cruise lines, or both? :shock: :shock:
Surely someone must be held responsible. Call in Congress to investigate.
:) :) :)

Aerogirl March 19th, 2013 12:39 PM

Will people be disappointed, yes...everyone needs a little disappointment in life!

Seriously how upset can one get, as I said I would rather miss a port than chance getting sick.

Your right Ron I'm sure some folks will be making a stink about it.

twoAlaskans March 19th, 2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 1467751)
Ok--who will be the first to file a suit and who all are they going to sue--the Gov. of the Turks and Caicos, the cruise lines, or both? :shock: :shock:
Surely someone must be held responsible. Call in Congress to investigate.
:) :) :)

sad part is in today's world your spot on..people now a days.... rofl

twoAlaskans March 19th, 2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1467800)
Will people be disappointed, yes...everyone needs a little disappointment in life!

Seriously how upset can one get, as I said I would rather miss a port than chance getting sick.

Your right Ron I'm sure some folks will be making a stink about it.

Aerogirl...your spot on and look at life as an adventure...if we were on the ship right now and they changed ports I would be excited to go someplace we have not been....heck our next cruise goes to the same ports as our last, I wanted a different itinerary, but the kids' spring breaks force us into the same...but hey, stull a relaxing fun time for 7 days!!! :cool:

Aerogirl March 19th, 2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoAlaskans (Post 1467807)
Aerogirl...your spot on and look at life as an adventure...if we were on the ship right now and they changed ports I would be excited to go someplace we have not been....heck our next cruise goes to the same ports as our last, I wanted a different itinerary, but the kids' spring breaks force us into the same...but hey, stull a relaxing fun time for 7 days!!! :cool:

Can't sweat the small stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff :D

It's just an old saying I thought I'd share!

Ron March 19th, 2013 10:37 PM

I've been around the block a time or two and can honestly say I never heard the " Don't pet the sweaty stuff."---but I love it-- gotta remember that ! :)

HIPPIE KILLER March 20th, 2013 08:16 AM

We were scheduled to go there april 2nd neiuw amsterdam,I wasnt worried about getting sic?..because I was'nt going to drink the water,also I just got an email from nathan(golf cart rental) in turks and he said everythings back on track.?..also id rather they send us to another port..o'well,ive been on 16 cruises,and a bad day on a cruise is always better than a good day at work....and your right americans are sue happy,entiltlement mentality,want somthing for nothing,Hey if you don't like cruising???..Then Don't :-oGO.!

Snoozeman March 20th, 2013 11:05 AM

This is a unique situation. Hopefully they have found the source.

Shame to lose business just because someone doesn't know hygiene.

twoAlaskans March 20th, 2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1467900)
This is a unique situation. Hopefully they have found the source.

Shame to lose business just because someone doesn't know hygiene.

that is so true...I hate watching so many not clean their hands after using the restroom....some people are so ignorant when it comes to hand hygiene

Trip March 20th, 2013 02:00 PM

I think this statement has run it's course..."A bad day on a cruise is always better than a good day at work."

Lakers Fan March 21st, 2013 09:06 AM

Hippie Killer ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIPPIE KILLER (Post 1467871)
We were scheduled to go there april 2nd neiuw amsterdam,I wasnt worried about getting sic?..because I was'nt going to drink the water,also I just got an email from nathan(golf cart rental) in turks and he said everythings back on track.?..also id rather they send us to another port..o'well,ive been on 16 cruises,and a bad day on a cruise is always better than a good day at work....and your right americans are sue happy,entiltlement mentality,want somthing for nothing,Hey if you don't like cruising???..Then Don't :-oGO.!

What exactly does Hippie Killer mean ?Inquiring minds want to know.

Aerogirl March 21st, 2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1467995)
What exactly does Hippie Killer mean ?Inquiring minds want to know.

We better watch out LF!:p