Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Earliest Flight Out of Miami Airport - is 10.20am departure achieveable

We are booked on on our 1st cruise on Majesty of the Seas which arrives in Miami on the 13th September at 7.00am (weather permitting)
We intend to carry our own bags off and to try and be amongst the 1st to leave the ship
We intend to catch a taxi to Miami Airport to connect to an American Airlines flight that departs at 10.20am(we booked this as it was the only direct flight to New Orleans after 10.00am in the morning0(all the other morning direct flights leave earlier)

Is this realistic as I understand it takes 15 minutes to get to the airport.

I have just watched a program on Miami Airport and I now realize how slow the TSA Staff are at this airport

Amy advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1000 View Post
We are booked on on our 1st cruise on Majesty of the Seas which arrives in Miami on the 13th September at 7.00am (weather permitting)
We intend to carry our own bags off and to try and be amongst the 1st to leave the ship
We intend to catch a taxi to Miami Airport to connect to an American Airlines flight that departs at 10.20am(we booked this as it was the only direct flight to New Orleans after 10.00am in the morning0(all the other morning direct flights leave earlier)

Is this realistic as I understand it takes 15 minutes to get to the airport.

I have just watched a program on Miami Airport and I now realize how slow the TSA Staff are at this airport

Amy advice would be appreciated
It is "achievable" but everything has to go well in order to make it.

You will have to do "self-disembarkation" and be one of the first off the ship. The ship will have to get into port on time and there can be no real delays in the ship clearing Customs and Immigration. Getting checked in at the airport and clearing security is also going to consume time and it really depends on how fast the security line is moving.

It is doable if you are the first group to disembark but be prepared to be in a rush and also be prepared to pay the price if you miss your flight.

If you've already purchased the tickets then I wish you the best. On a positive note. I know a couple that made a 9:35 a.m. flight from MIA to MSP. They barely made it but they made it.

My advice: If there is any other reasonable and later flight options you can make then do it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I don't think I would chance a flight that early....I does take a bit longer to get to the airport from the pier, I would figure 20 to 30 minutes...

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You may be drinking lots of pepto bismal....once you get to the airport, there are slow downs due to the furlough of employees, and, just this morning I heard about the lack of air traffic controllers, an ongoing issue, which is making for some serious delays. You are braver then I am. I can see it easier to bedone at Lauderdale, not Miami.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator