CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Cat Cora strays from Oceania Cruises. Oh, the shame. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/396267-cat-cora-strays-oceania-cruises-oh-shame.html)

Mike M May 22nd, 2013 08:04 PM

Cat Cora strays from Oceania Cruises. Oh, the shame.

I found this hilarious and silly but I guess a few people are fairly worked up about it.

It seems that Cat Cora (Celebrity Chef) christened Oceania's new ship Riviera.

Now there are a number of people feeling that she has done some terrible deed by appearing on a Celebrity Chef cruise on HAL's Niew Amsterdam.

My take is that just because you christen a cruise line's ship, and have no contractual obligations, the cruise line doesn't own you. Cat Cora can do things with other cruise lines.

Did she do something unethical?

What's your opinion?

Take care,
Mike

Donna May 22nd, 2013 08:35 PM

I certainly don't think she did anything wrong, a lot of celebrities do things like this, just because she is an iron chef??

Mike M May 22nd, 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1473898)
I certainly don't think she did anything wrong, a lot of celebrities do things like this, just because she is an iron chef??

Donna,

She quit being an Iron Chef two years ago. She wanted more time with her family but she also had the lowest winning percentage of all the Iron Chefs.

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine May 23rd, 2013 02:40 PM

I think people need to get over themselves.

Trip May 23rd, 2013 06:13 PM

Whoopie Goldberg I believe is the Godmother for Serenade of the Seas, but does that mean she woudn't sail anothother line? Although I do believe she got free sailing for life;) lol

If what Cat is doing, annoys some....oh well..

Queen of Oakville July 4th, 2013 02:03 PM

All I know is that if my daughter saw Iron Chef Kat Cora on a ship - she would go crazy!

On a recent Top Chef, the contestants sailed one of the X ships (I think) - my daughter went crazy thinking how cool it would be if we got to see Top Chef being filmed.

She's 7 and her dream is to meet Tom Colicchio and Alex Guarnaschelli.

cruise planner July 4th, 2013 03:11 PM

While some people only travel on one cruise line, personally I would find that very boring. Variety is the spice of life, so we like to try as many different cruise lines (11 so far), ships, and ports as possible. Just because she is the Godmother and gets free cruises for life, perhaps she's one that feels the same way. We've been on Oceania and I could never imagine only sailing on them - it would drive me crazy even if it was free. So if she wants to go on other cruise lines, good for her.

Pete