CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Thank god for travel insurance (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/398143-thank-god-travel-insurance.html)

Surfguyxxx1 July 27th, 2013 05:03 AM

Thank god for travel insurance

Well here we are, three weeks away from our first cruise to Alaska and getting very excited. That excitement leaves as we find out that my partner has to now go through a 6 week treatment of Chemo and Radiation! Wow, where did that come from??? Pain had started about 1 month ago but apparently is growing rapidly enough for the doctor to say not a good idea to travel and interupt the treatment. We'll be getting 100% of our Junior Suite booking (less the insurance cost of course). My sister and her husband were coming also and they too will be getting the refund as we had all booked together.

After 20+ cruises, this was our very first time even getting insurance (which I thought I would need for my ailing mom) and it will certainly not be the last time. Next year!!

johnthed0g July 27th, 2013 05:19 AM

Interesting..we MUST have travel insurance in the UK to board the ship..

Trip July 27th, 2013 09:49 AM

I hope your partner will be 100% asap,and you will be booking another cruise soon. I know from our circumstances, what a godsend it was during our cruise to have great coverage.

Mike M July 27th, 2013 10:40 AM

I hope your partner comes through with flying colors and you will be able to take that cruise soon after.

His health is the most important but you do show why travel insurance is something everyone should have.

Take care,
Mike

storybookcruises.com July 27th, 2013 04:41 PM

Our prayers for a speedy recovery!

It's too bad you had to cancel, but definitely understandable under those conditions.

And you're right, we're glad you took out the travel insurance. It's something we always purchase for our trips and always suggest it to our clients.

As I tell them; you hope it's a waste of your money because if you need it, it's usually not for a good reason. But it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Pete

Moiraine July 27th, 2013 08:36 PM

I'm so glad you guys had the insurance! Sending get well wishes for your partner. xoxo

Surfguyxxx1 August 4th, 2013 09:44 AM

Thanks all for the wishes. Let's hope that the next 6 weeks goes as smoothly as getting a refund with the insurance! One can dream can't he!!!

Moiraine August 4th, 2013 12:16 PM

Yes. Please let us know how things go.

Paul Motter August 5th, 2013 08:28 AM

Best wishes from myself, too. I also just want to say how fortunate you must feel since this was the time you opted to get the insurance. A health calamity is scary, but at least there has already been some good fortune. I will take it as a good sign for things to come.

Marguerite August 5th, 2013 08:47 PM

So sorry to hear about your partner, hope all goes well for you both. We would never travel without insurance, you just never know. Good luck!
Marguerite