Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Captain

Default Theme cruises, what are they like?

Who here has done a theme cruise?

Not talking wine cruises more of headline entertainer variety. There is a carnival cruise in December where the Goo Goo dolls and Matchbox Twenty will be on. I was speculating what they might get paid for the 3 day cruise. It's got to be in the 100k each person range or it would hardly be worth it though I'm not sure how they could afford that at $599 prices.

What other theme type cruises have you been on and what special events where there? Where they full of crazy super fans or just normal people? Did you actually get to meet whoever the headliner was or just see the them in show?

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Captain

It would be nice if there was a section here at cruisemates for Themed Cruises. I have heard of some different ones mentioned in the past that sounded real interesting! Some kind of listing or maybe a "Paul Motter" report on the many theme cruises available.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Actually - we just bro9ught on a Theme Cruise editor - Judy Cuervo - who just introduced herself to the audience with this article:

Theme Cruises: A Primer

(a sample....)

When I was on my first theme cruise, I wasn't even aware of it. It was aboard a QE 2 Caribbean sailing, somewhere in the 1980s, and the theme was hockey and the Philadelphia Flyers, in particular. I must say that I didn't-and still don't-- give a puck about hockey or the Philadelphia team, but this partial charter of the ship had me intrigued. From the very first evening, the hockey contingent would claim a corner of the ship's disco, laughing, dancing and appearing to be members of one big happy family that actually liked each other. The fact that the contingent contained the actual team--about 30 stunningly handsome, fit young men-didn't hurt either.

Since that first glimpse into the world of theme cruising, I'm happy to say that the concept has exploded and, today, you'd be hard pressed to find a topic, hobby or field isn't being celebrated enthusiastically at sea.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

By the way - both Judy and myself have been on several musical theme cruises and they are FANTASTIC - which you would know if you read our articles about them...

on the front page is a search box - I suggest you put the words "theme cruise" in there. also add this "-forum" so you get the articles only:

search this term: theme cruise -forum
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Default Hello

This past tuesday I attended a concert by Larry Chance and The Earls .Larry mentioned that he appeared recently on a theme cruise and had a wonderful cabin with a balcony . He made it seem as though he was not paid that much .
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Actually - we just bro9ught on a Theme Cruise editor - Judy Cuervo - who just introduced herself to the audience with this article:

(a sample....)

When I was on my first theme cruise, I wasn't even aware of it. It was aboard a QE 2 Caribbean sailing, somewhere in the 1980s, and the theme was hockey and the Philadelphia Flyers, in particular. I must say that I didn't-and still don't-- give a puck about hockey or the Philadelphia team, but this partial charter of the ship had me intrigued. From the very first evening, the hockey contingent would claim a corner of the ship's disco, laughing, dancing and appearing to be members of one big happy family that actually liked each other. The fact that the contingent contained the actual team--about 30 stunningly handsome, fit young men-didn't hurt either.

Since that first glimpse into the world of theme cruising, I'm happy to say that the concept has exploded and, today, you'd be hard pressed to find a topic, hobby or field isn't being celebrated enthusiastically at sea.
Thanks Paul....guess I should of looked harder. Sometimes I just don't have time to keep up with everything here...lol

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15