CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   When's your next cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/398517-whens-your-next-cruise.html)

aerospace August 21st, 2013 08:26 PM

When's your next cruise?

I thought it would be cool to hear where everyone's next cruise is going
and maybe see if there is a pattern of everyone going to Europe, or Alaska etc. :)

How long till your cruise?
What ports will you visit?
Why did you pick this cruise?
Have you starting packing, planning tours, etc?
What one aspect are you most excited about?

johnthed0g August 22nd, 2013 06:59 AM

Cruise E401 | Oceana | P&O Cruises
This is basically for our 65th year & our 45th wedding anniversary, lot of sea days but we went for it & got a nicer cabin. Oceana is about the same as Sea Princess I think. Always wanted to do a round trip Caibbean cruise from our home port. We also got a shed load of OBC for booking early so it will be virtually all inclusive!!

aerospace August 22nd, 2013 10:26 AM

Never seen an itinerary like that, how odd. With the airfare savings that's a reasonable price and a lot of sea days. If it left went the other way Miami to Europe for a week and back I'd be interested :)

Lakers Fan August 22nd, 2013 10:55 AM

We are doing a 10 day Caribbean cruise in December with friends that we've known more than 50 years .
In October we are doing a 15 day land and sea cruise to my favorite country ,Canada.

seadog2 August 22nd, 2013 11:21 AM

We are doing a B2B Caribbean cruise in December. On the Jewel OTS for 7 days and then on the Adventure OTS for 7 days. Both leaving out of San Juan Puerto Rico.

blueliner August 22nd, 2013 04:23 PM

We are leaving in 3 weeks to sail on the Oasis of the Seas, western Caribbean with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. It is our 10 year wedding anniversary, and the first cruise for our 4 year old daughter, we wanted to make it a special cruse, so we choose the biggest and best....Oasis of the Seas!

johnthed0g August 22nd, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1482908)
Never seen an itinerary like that, how odd. With the airfare savings that's a reasonable price and a lot of sea days. If it left went the other way Miami to Europe for a week and back I'd be interested :)

There are quite a lot from UK to the Caribbean round trip 20+ nights, but you have to be careful of the shorter ones, just sail there a couple of islands & back. This year the same cruise was 35 nights & included the Panama canal. They also do fly cruises, P&O have one or two ships based out there in the winter so you can fly out cruise back or in reverse. Our last Caribbean was fly out & 28 nights round the islands + N'orlins & Florida.

Aerogirl August 22nd, 2013 07:25 PM

our next cruise is Dec 7,2013 on Carnival Liberty eastern Caribbean!!!!
106 days to go!!!YIPPY!!!

aerospace August 22nd, 2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner (Post 1482955)
We are leaving in 3 weeks to sail on the Oasis of the Seas, western Caribbean with stops in Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel.

I just booked on Oasis today :) It's going over Halloween with the VTG singles group, should be a week long party. Very much looking forward to seeing Dunn River Falls again.

green_rd August 22nd, 2013 09:23 PM

Carnival Dream, Western Caribbean, because we could :)
I guess we will be at sea over Halloween but that hadn't occurred to me until just now.

Lakers Fan August 22nd, 2013 10:29 PM

Before I leave this earth I hope to cruise as much as possible .I hope to live in a society where I can orate my views .

aerospace August 22nd, 2013 11:44 PM

oooooook then...

Truck Cruiser August 23rd, 2013 03:05 AM

December 1st on the Norwegien Sun doing a 10 day cruise and hitting St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Barbados and Dominica.

We decided on this cruise because it was hitting 3 ports we haven't been to, been to St. Thomas and St. Martin twice, and we haven't been to the Eastern Caribbean in a while.

The price was also very good and we picked Norwegien because we enjoyed our last cruise with them so much.

We are also booked on the Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas for February 23rd on a 6 night sailing to the Cayman Islands, Jamaica and Haiti. This will be our 1st cruise on RCI and are looking forward to trying this line out. We chose this cruise because it was a 6 day and we are trying to get as many family members to go as possible. So far we have 4 couples in our group but are hoping more will be able to come.

Marc August 23rd, 2013 08:31 PM

Our next cruise is on Silversea Silver Explorer next August from Kangerlussuaq Greenland to Nome Alaska. Given how many problems ships are having this year doing Northwest Passage itinerary; I am getting concerned that our cruise may be cancelled if ice is too thick.