CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   What's On Your Travel Bucket List? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/399029-whats-your-travel-bucket-list.html)

storybookcruises.com September 26th, 2013 04:38 PM

What's On Your Travel Bucket List?

The #1 thing on our Travel Bucket List for 20 years was to visit Tahiti. Last year, we finally got to cross that off our list after spending 2 weeks in the wonderful and magical tropical paradise. We did a one-week cruise on the Paul Gauguin, which out of our 46 cruises still ranks #1 of our all-time favorites, plus a one-week stay on a private island near Ta'haa.

With that done, our new #1 item is to visit Egypt and Jordan. This will probably have to wait for a while given the latest problems in the region, but we definitely want to see the Great Pyramids and other famous archeological wonders of the world. We'd really love to do a Nile River cruise!

For right now, we are more looking at #2, which is to visit Australia, and #3, which is to visit Brazil. Preferably doing a cruise in each location.

These are pretty big trips and will take alot of planning, so in the meantime, we hope to cross off a couple of other items from our list, which is to try an Azamara cruise and an MSC cruise, since we've not been on either of these cruise lines.

So tell us, what's on your Travel Bucket List? And why?

Pete

green_rd September 27th, 2013 11:48 AM

So many things:

In the cruising realm; a trans-Atlantic on Cunard, a canal transit, a dare I say a world cruise

On the land basis; French Polynesia, Southeast Asia, a year in Europe

aerospace September 27th, 2013 10:05 PM

What's the maximum post size? lol

Top few anyway; Russia, Amsterdam, Hawaii, Galapagos, Scotland, Iceland, Australia, South Africa, New York, Nepal.

Truck Cruiser September 29th, 2013 06:58 AM

We want to go to Alaska, hopefully on a cruise and then Hawaii, preferably by land.

Next would be a European cruise that would go to Germany, Scandinavia and maybe Russia.

We would also like to visit all of the U.S. affiliated Islands in the Pacific!

mehawk October 20th, 2013 12:25 PM

(1) I would like to visit the grave sites of all of the US presidents who are deceased, so as to pay my respects to them. (2) I wish to go to Switzerland. I almost moved there when I was 16 but Mom decided to stay here at the last minute. (3) Travel the NE USA in fall. Been there during the spring. (4) Go to all of the National parks. (5) Cruise to Alaska, Hawaii and do a trans-Atlantic cruise!

fourxbusymom October 20th, 2013 06:26 PM

Australia, New Zealand, Alaska and Europe.

Moiraine October 20th, 2013 11:48 PM

Oh, I don't know. Tops would be visit England, do Panama Canal and Hawaii cruises.

Mike M October 21st, 2013 02:42 AM

The only place left on our "Bucket List" is Australia. We should be able to do that in 2014. We'll wait until we find a reasonably priced Australia/New Zeland cruise and then coordinate the cruise with an extended visit with out Australian relatives.

After that it's a car a trip to New England. We have both been to parts of New England but it was on business and we never "really" enjoyed the area. It will also cross off the last three states that I need to say I have been to all fifty states. Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are all that are left.

I would also like to set foot on Antarctica so I could say I've been on all continents but I'm not sure when and if that will happen.

Take care,
Mike

ThomasOrtiz November 6th, 2013 09:20 AM

We have two cruise bucket lists in our home, his and hers.

My list includes:

An Antarctica Cruise
Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Alaskan Cruise

Her list includes:

Mediterranean Cruise
European River Cruise (Next on our list.)
Hawaii (Cruise or not)

Luckily, she loves the adventure cruises as much as I do, as long as I agree to alternating with her luxury cruises.

Marc November 6th, 2013 09:35 PM

We made it to all seven continents before we turned 55. We have a trip of a lifetime, a Northwest Passage cruise from Kangerlussuaq Greenland to Nome Alaska, scheduled next summer and then two trips back to Africa. Still, we have lots of trips on our bucket list.

We are hoping to move back to Europe next year so we can knock a number of these off the list:

Grand Prix of Monaco

Paolo in Siena

Running of the Bulls in Pamplona

New Year's Eve Ball in Vienna

Lots more on the bucket list; hopefully we will have time (and money) to keep experiencing life.

Marc