CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Sneaking Booze Onboard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/399927-sneaking-booze-onboard.html)

storybookcruises.com November 20th, 2013 02:22 AM

Sneaking Booze Onboard

Okay, I don't advocate this, but if you're interested in sneaking booze onboard, here's something for you to consider using; WineRack Bra Flask, Stadium Sippin' Seat Flask, & the BeerBelly Stealth Flask at The Sneaky Drinking Headquarters

Personally, I like the beer belly flask for me!!

Pete

Donna November 20th, 2013 03:43 AM

Oh too funny Pete,
I am partial to the bra flask :-)

Paul Motter November 20th, 2013 09:03 AM

Yes, I have also seen all of these 'devices" the problem with most of them is that they are not big enough for an entire cruise. They are mostly made for concerts and one-night events.

Except for the old "rum Runner" - which I have never used, but I have heard it does a decent job.

Also notable - ONE cruise lines does allow you to bring alcohol onboard:

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 corking fee.

Manuel November 20th, 2013 04:13 PM

I don't try to sneak booze aboard.

They have plenty of it onboard the ships and I don't have to carry it in.

TM

HawkeyeFLA November 21st, 2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1489642)
Also notable - ONE cruise lines does allow you to bring alcohol onboard:

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 corking fee.

That being said ... last year when I was on the Dream and had my bottle of rum in the cabin ... a mixed drink made in my cabin and carried with me in a glass that is the same as they serve in ... no one knows the difference. Same with using my refillable drink mug from our Orlando resorts.

That also being said, even with liquor in the cabin, I still spend at the bars. Certainly nowhere near as much as when I didn't have the liquor with me ... but heck, who wants to keep trekking back to the cabin every time the well runs dry?

Will pretty much do it the same way next month when I am on the Dream again. :)

QuiGonJohn November 25th, 2013 09:46 PM

I'm thinking of a 16 oz Rum Runner. I have a way to secure this, don't laugh, in the front of my pants, just below my belt. I like the Rum Runner better for this than some of the other devices because it seems, from reading a lot of reviews, it is much less likely to leak.

Anyway, I plan to bring that with clear/silver rum. I figure with pleated front pants, and a sweater as my shirt, I should get through, unless they are in the habit of frisking everyone who goes through security.

I will be embarking at Whittier, what is their process like?

Manuel November 25th, 2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn (Post 1490091)
I'm thinking of a 16 oz Rum Runner. I have a way to secure this, don't laugh, in the front of my pants, just below my belt.
?

It will be funny if you get busted for carrying too much under your pants. LOL

TM