Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Default Sneaking Booze Onboard

Okay, I don't advocate this, but if you're interested in sneaking booze onboard, here's something for you to consider using; WineRack Bra Flask, Stadium Sippin' Seat Flask, & the BeerBelly Stealth Flask at The Sneaky Drinking Headquarters

Personally, I like the beer belly flask for me!!

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh too funny Pete,
I am partial to the bra flask :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes, I have also seen all of these 'devices" the problem with most of them is that they are not big enough for an entire cruise. They are mostly made for concerts and one-night events.

Except for the old "rum Runner" - which I have never used, but I have heard it does a decent job.

Also notable - ONE cruise lines does allow you to bring alcohol onboard:

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 corking fee.

Old November 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Admiral

I don't try to sneak booze aboard.

They have plenty of it onboard the ships and I don't have to carry it in.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Also notable - ONE cruise lines does allow you to bring alcohol onboard:

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 corking fee.
That being said ... last year when I was on the Dream and had my bottle of rum in the cabin ... a mixed drink made in my cabin and carried with me in a glass that is the same as they serve in ... no one knows the difference. Same with using my refillable drink mug from our Orlando resorts.

That also being said, even with liquor in the cabin, I still spend at the bars. Certainly nowhere near as much as when I didn't have the liquor with me ... but heck, who wants to keep trekking back to the cabin every time the well runs dry?

Will pretty much do it the same way next month when I am on the Dream again.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm thinking of a 16 oz Rum Runner. I have a way to secure this, don't laugh, in the front of my pants, just below my belt. I like the Rum Runner better for this than some of the other devices because it seems, from reading a lot of reviews, it is much less likely to leak.

Anyway, I plan to bring that with clear/silver rum. I figure with pleated front pants, and a sweater as my shirt, I should get through, unless they are in the habit of frisking everyone who goes through security.

I will be embarking at Whittier, what is their process like?
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
I'm thinking of a 16 oz Rum Runner. I have a way to secure this, don't laugh, in the front of my pants, just below my belt.
?

It will be funny if you get busted for carrying too much under your pants.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!