CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Can she do it (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/401196-can-she-do.html)

Dhill March 1st, 2014 02:04 PM

Can she do it

My wife and I are planning a 11 day cruise On Celebertys Solstice for April of 2015.We will be flying to Honolulu and staying in port for 2 days on the ship. We will then sail to Mauia for another two day stay . Ater that we will visit Kona then Hilo then have 5 sea days while we sail to Vancouver. We cant wait sounds like fun. My question is we will have a 6 hour flight and my wife was wondering if she would we able to take her Krochet hook on the plane?This will be are first cruise with celeberty and the largest ship so far.:D

Marc March 1st, 2014 02:07 PM

My wife always crochets on planes; not a problem bringing the hook.

Have fun!

Dhill March 1st, 2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1495784)
My wife always crochets on planes; not a problem bringing the hook.

Have fun!

Thank you, Thats good news that will make her happy and we all know happy wife happy life:wink:

AF1 March 8th, 2014 10:59 AM

Have fun in the Hawaiian Islands; they are beautiful. I know you have a year till you sail; but thats a lot of time to ask questions on this forum.

Dhill March 8th, 2014 06:36 PM

We have cruised to Hawaii once before on the Sapphire Prince. But this one will be diffrent with an overnighter in Honoloulu and then an overnighter in Mauai.

Manuel March 8th, 2014 09:19 PM

We did that same Itinerary a few years ago and we loved it.

TM

Dhill March 9th, 2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1496238)
We did that same Itinerary a few years ago and we loved it.

TM

We are pretty excited already.It took us quite a while to decide on this trip. At first we were going to do the Western Caribbean then we thought we would do the San Fran to Mexico cruise.Then we found this one .We really like the overnight stays at Honululu and Mauia and then the sea days at the end.Just right for us.This will be are first cruise with Celeberty. We have sailed on Princess before but no other lines.WEll now I am just rambling on I do that sometimes SORRY:-?

BernieG March 10th, 2014 05:46 PM

We're doing this cruise in April this year. I'll let you know how it was.

Dhill March 11th, 2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieG (Post 1496343)
We're doing this cruise in April this year. I'll let you know how it was.

Hope you have fun on your cruise.Can not wait to hear back on how it went.

Travelbuggs March 13th, 2014 01:37 PM

Interesting itinerary! We love Vancouver. We were there last year for our Alaska cruise and would love to go back. I assume you are close enough to Vancouver to drive or take the train back home. Lucky you! Enjoy your trip.

Dhill March 13th, 2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelbuggs (Post 1496529)
Interesting itinerary! We love Vancouver. We were there last year for our Alaska cruise and would love to go back. I assume you are close enough to Vancouver to drive or take the train back home. Lucky you! Enjoy your trip.

We looked a long time at diffrent itinerarys but this one caught are eye.We like the idea of two overnighters in port then some seadays at the end of the cruse .I wish some of the cruise lines would do more overnighters in port but probaly wont happen.Altho I did notice there are a few overnighters on some Mexico cruises.Its a two air flight from Vancouver to get home not bad .We have never been to Vancouver before did some looking around on the internet looks like theres alot to do there we will probaly end up spending an extra day or two there. Whoops rambling on again better stop;)

Travelbuggs March 16th, 2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhill (Post 1496554)
We looked a long time at diffrent itinerarys but this one caught are eye.We like the idea of two overnighters in port then some seadays at the end of the cruse .I wish some of the cruise lines would do more overnighters in port but probaly wont happen.Altho I did notice there are a few overnighters on some Mexico cruises.Its a two air flight from Vancouver to get home not bad .We have never been to Vancouver before did some looking around on the internet looks like theres alot to do there we will probaly end up spending an extra day or two there. Whoops rambling on again better stop;)

I hope you will come back here and report about the great time I'm sure you'll have in Hawaii. We are busy planning our August cruise on the POA and looking for feedback from other cruisers there. We chose the POA because of the overnights in Maui and Kauai, Na Pali sail by and same two stops on the big island as your cruise. We will stay in Waikiki one night before and after the cruise and then 5 nights Kaneohe Bay and Northshore areas before we fly home. The cruise back to Vancouver sounds relaxing, but we wanted to spend as much time as possible in the islands this trip.

I do hope you will have some time to spend in Vancouver. It is truly a beautiful city. Don't miss Stanley Park and that whole area along the waterfront. It is just spectacular.

Dhill March 16th, 2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelbuggs (Post 1496731)
I hope you will come back here and report about the great time I'm sure you'll have in Hawaii. We are busy planning our August cruise on the POA and looking for feedback from other cruisers there. We chose the POA because of the overnights in Maui and Kauai, Na Pali sail by and same two stops on the big island as your cruise. We will stay in Waikiki one night before and after the cruise and then 5 nights Kaneohe Bay and Northshore areas before we fly home. The cruise back to Vancouver sounds relaxing, but we wanted to spend as much time as possible in the islands this trip.

I do hope you will have some time to spend in Vancouver. It is truly a beautiful city. Don't miss Stanley Park and that whole area along the waterfront. It is just spectacular.

Hope you guys have fun on your trip.It seems like a great itinerary any you go.We have sailed to Hawaii before on the Sapphire out of L.A. But this seems like you get to spend more time on the Islands.My brother lives in Honolulu so the last time we were there we got a personal tour.Went to the shrimp ponds for lunch,The old pineaple factory to the maze they have there Watched the fire works at the Hilton they have on Friday nights.This time I think we will go off on our own thou We did enjoy the personal tour.Altho they did not want to do all the tourist stuff I guess beacause they live there. We want to go to Pear harbor The Northshore ,Wakika Beach(spelling)And just tourist stuff:) Have a save trip and cant wait to hear about it:wink:

Paul Motter March 18th, 2014 02:54 PM

Vancouver is a beautiful city - you should plan to spend time there, especially in the summer.

Also - cruises are the best way to really see Hawaii, also. You get to see each island and have a hotel room that travels with you.

By the looks of it - both itineraries are very similar since Kona and Hilo are both on the Big Island. You get overnights on all three islands, pretty much the same as POA.

When we went to Honolulu we made the mistake of renting a car and trying to navigate on our own to the North Shore. We got caught in a bad traffic jam for hours. On the return after the cruise some friends picked us up and drove around (literally) the island - and we saw so much more.

Dhill March 19th, 2014 07:58 AM

We really like the idea of the overnight stays in the diffrent ports.I wish there were a few more cruises with overnight stays.I see a few on the west side of Mexico and some in the longer higher end cruises but the longer high end cruises are out of are league.We would like to go to Bermuda some day that sounds interesting plus you get three days in port.Be nice to have some overnighters in the Caribbean but maybe its to busy down there for that. Oh crap now I,m late for work better head off to the old salt mine;) Hope everyone has a good day and smooth sailings:)

Travelbuggs March 19th, 2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1496916)
Vancouver is a beautiful city - you should plan to spend time there, especially in the summer.

Also - cruises are the best way to really see Hawaii, also. You get to see each island and have a hotel room that travels with you.

By the looks of it - both itineraries are very similar since Kona and Hilo are both on the Big Island. You get overnights on all three islands, pretty much the same as POA.

When we went to Honolulu we made the mistake of renting a car and trying to navigate on our own to the North Shore. We got caught in a bad traffic jam for hours. On the return after the cruise some friends picked us up and drove around (literally) the island - and we saw so much more.

Yikes! We plan on renting a car when we leave the Waikiki area and head north, but have not gotten around to considering routes. I remember seeing that there is a road which goes up the center of the island or you can take the roads along the eastern shore. Do you remember what roads you took where the traffic problems occurred? We have an entire day to get to the Northshore, so a leisurely route with lots of stops should not be a problem.

BernieG March 19th, 2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelbuggs (Post 1496963)
Yikes! We plan on renting a car when we leave the Waikiki area and head north, but have not gotten around to considering routes. I remember seeing that there is a road which goes up the center of the island or you can take the roads along the eastern shore. Do you remember what roads you took where the traffic problems occurred? We have an entire day to get to the Northshore, so a leisurely route with lots of stops should not be a problem.

We go to Waikiki twice a year. You stay away from rush hour. Mornings it's coming into the city, afternoon it's heading west out of the city. We usually circle to the East when we head up to Turtle Bay. Never had a big issue with traffic and we've been doing this for years. Unless we're only in Waikiki for a couple of days like next month, we always have a car.