Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:04 PM
Captain

Smile Can she do it

My wife and I are planning a 11 day cruise On Celebertys Solstice for April of 2015.We will be flying to Honolulu and staying in port for 2 days on the ship. We will then sail to Mauia for another two day stay . Ater that we will visit Kona then Hilo then have 5 sea days while we sail to Vancouver. We cant wait sounds like fun. My question is we will have a 6 hour flight and my wife was wondering if she would we able to take her Krochet hook on the plane?This will be are first cruise with celeberty and the largest ship so far.
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:07 PM
Admiral

My wife always crochets on planes; not a problem bringing the hook.

Have fun!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
My wife always crochets on planes; not a problem bringing the hook.

Have fun!
Thank you, Thats good news that will make her happy and we all know happy wife happy life
Old March 8th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Have fun in the Hawaiian Islands; they are beautiful. I know you have a year till you sail; but thats a lot of time to ask questions on this forum.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Captain

We have cruised to Hawaii once before on the Sapphire Prince. But this one will be diffrent with an overnighter in Honoloulu and then an overnighter in Mauai.
Old March 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Admiral

We did that same Itinerary a few years ago and we loved it.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
We did that same Itinerary a few years ago and we loved it.

TM
We are pretty excited already.It took us quite a while to decide on this trip. At first we were going to do the Western Caribbean then we thought we would do the San Fran to Mexico cruise.Then we found this one .We really like the overnight stays at Honululu and Mauia and then the sea days at the end.Just right for us.This will be are first cruise with Celeberty. We have sailed on Princess before but no other lines.WEll now I am just rambling on I do that sometimes SORRY
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:46 PM
First Mate

We're doing this cruise in April this year. I'll let you know how it was.
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
We're doing this cruise in April this year. I'll let you know how it was.
Hope you have fun on your cruise.Can not wait to hear back on how it went.
Old March 13th, 2014, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Interesting itinerary! We love Vancouver. We were there last year for our Alaska cruise and would love to go back. I assume you are close enough to Vancouver to drive or take the train back home. Lucky you! Enjoy your trip.
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbuggs View Post
Interesting itinerary! We love Vancouver. We were there last year for our Alaska cruise and would love to go back. I assume you are close enough to Vancouver to drive or take the train back home. Lucky you! Enjoy your trip.
We looked a long time at diffrent itinerarys but this one caught are eye.We like the idea of two overnighters in port then some seadays at the end of the cruse .I wish some of the cruise lines would do more overnighters in port but probaly wont happen.Altho I did notice there are a few overnighters on some Mexico cruises.Its a two air flight from Vancouver to get home not bad .We have never been to Vancouver before did some looking around on the internet looks like theres alot to do there we will probaly end up spending an extra day or two there. Whoops rambling on again better stop
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:28 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
We looked a long time at diffrent itinerarys but this one caught are eye.We like the idea of two overnighters in port then some seadays at the end of the cruse .I wish some of the cruise lines would do more overnighters in port but probaly wont happen.Altho I did notice there are a few overnighters on some Mexico cruises.Its a two air flight from Vancouver to get home not bad .We have never been to Vancouver before did some looking around on the internet looks like theres alot to do there we will probaly end up spending an extra day or two there. Whoops rambling on again better stop
I hope you will come back here and report about the great time I'm sure you'll have in Hawaii. We are busy planning our August cruise on the POA and looking for feedback from other cruisers there. We chose the POA because of the overnights in Maui and Kauai, Na Pali sail by and same two stops on the big island as your cruise. We will stay in Waikiki one night before and after the cruise and then 5 nights Kaneohe Bay and Northshore areas before we fly home. The cruise back to Vancouver sounds relaxing, but we wanted to spend as much time as possible in the islands this trip.

I do hope you will have some time to spend in Vancouver. It is truly a beautiful city. Don't miss Stanley Park and that whole area along the waterfront. It is just spectacular.
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
I hope you will come back here and report about the great time I'm sure you'll have in Hawaii. We are busy planning our August cruise on the POA and looking for feedback from other cruisers there. We chose the POA because of the overnights in Maui and Kauai, Na Pali sail by and same two stops on the big island as your cruise. We will stay in Waikiki one night before and after the cruise and then 5 nights Kaneohe Bay and Northshore areas before we fly home. The cruise back to Vancouver sounds relaxing, but we wanted to spend as much time as possible in the islands this trip.

I do hope you will have some time to spend in Vancouver. It is truly a beautiful city. Don't miss Stanley Park and that whole area along the waterfront. It is just spectacular.
Hope you guys have fun on your trip.It seems like a great itinerary any you go.We have sailed to Hawaii before on the Sapphire out of L.A. But this seems like you get to spend more time on the Islands.My brother lives in Honolulu so the last time we were there we got a personal tour.Went to the shrimp ponds for lunch,The old pineaple factory to the maze they have there Watched the fire works at the Hilton they have on Friday nights.This time I think we will go off on our own thou We did enjoy the personal tour.Altho they did not want to do all the tourist stuff I guess beacause they live there. We want to go to Pear harbor The Northshore ,Wakika Beach(spelling)And just tourist stuff Have a save trip and cant wait to hear about it
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Vancouver is a beautiful city - you should plan to spend time there, especially in the summer.

Also - cruises are the best way to really see Hawaii, also. You get to see each island and have a hotel room that travels with you.

By the looks of it - both itineraries are very similar since Kona and Hilo are both on the Big Island. You get overnights on all three islands, pretty much the same as POA.

When we went to Honolulu we made the mistake of renting a car and trying to navigate on our own to the North Shore. We got caught in a bad traffic jam for hours. On the return after the cruise some friends picked us up and drove around (literally) the island - and we saw so much more.
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Captain

We really like the idea of the overnight stays in the diffrent ports.I wish there were a few more cruises with overnight stays.I see a few on the west side of Mexico and some in the longer higher end cruises but the longer high end cruises are out of are league.We would like to go to Bermuda some day that sounds interesting plus you get three days in port.Be nice to have some overnighters in the Caribbean but maybe its to busy down there for that. Oh crap now I,m late for work better head off to the old salt mine Hope everyone has a good day and smooth sailings
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Vancouver is a beautiful city - you should plan to spend time there, especially in the summer.

Also - cruises are the best way to really see Hawaii, also. You get to see each island and have a hotel room that travels with you.

By the looks of it - both itineraries are very similar since Kona and Hilo are both on the Big Island. You get overnights on all three islands, pretty much the same as POA.

When we went to Honolulu we made the mistake of renting a car and trying to navigate on our own to the North Shore. We got caught in a bad traffic jam for hours. On the return after the cruise some friends picked us up and drove around (literally) the island - and we saw so much more.
Yikes! We plan on renting a car when we leave the Waikiki area and head north, but have not gotten around to considering routes. I remember seeing that there is a road which goes up the center of the island or you can take the roads along the eastern shore. Do you remember what roads you took where the traffic problems occurred? We have an entire day to get to the Northshore, so a leisurely route with lots of stops should not be a problem.
Old March 19th, 2014, 03:39 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Yikes! We plan on renting a car when we leave the Waikiki area and head north, but have not gotten around to considering routes. I remember seeing that there is a road which goes up the center of the island or you can take the roads along the eastern shore. Do you remember what roads you took where the traffic problems occurred? We have an entire day to get to the Northshore, so a leisurely route with lots of stops should not be a problem.
We go to Waikiki twice a year. You stay away from rush hour. Mornings it's coming into the city, afternoon it's heading west out of the city. We usually circle to the East when we head up to Turtle Bay. Never had a big issue with traffic and we've been doing this for years. Unless we're only in Waikiki for a couple of days like next month, we always have a car.