Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Need help deciding RCCL or NCL

I am booking a cruise out of New Orleans December 13-21 and can't decide which cruise line to take. It is me and a friend (both college girls)
We have two options:

RCCL: oasis of the seas that stops in key west, cococay, and Nassau

NCL: Norwegian Dawn that stops in Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan Bay Islands Honduras, and Costa Maya

Main questions are:
1. Which stops are better?
2. Which ship is better?
3. Differences in RCCL and NCL?
4. Which would you prefer and which is better for two 21 year old college students?
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

RCCL: oasis of the seas that stops in key west, cococay, and Nassau

NCL: Norwegian Dawn that stops in Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan Bay Islands Honduras, and Costa Maya

Main questions are:
Which stops are better? Personally, I prefer the Oasis Ports. Other then Cozumel, on the other itinerary, the ports are more rustic. if you like water sports, and diving/snorkeling, then I would suggest that one. Key West & Coz, are a great, fun fit for your age.

Which ship is better? Oasis is newer and has all the bells and whistles. NCL has great food venues.. Not sure if the Blue Man group has made it's way onto all the NCL ships, I loved them on the Epic.

Which would you prefer and which is better for two 21 year old college students? Check out Coz and KW on line and see if one hits you more then the other. Both are party ports for your age. In Coz, Carlos and Charlies is Infamous, and the bar crawls in KW are as well.

Based just on the ships though, I would say the Oasis would suit you better.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Captain

1. Which stops are better? I personally think a 21 yo would enjoy the NCL itinerary better. Lots of fun things to do in Cozumel, Belize and Honduras.
2. Which ship is better? The Oasis of the Seas has the flo rider and rock climbing wall, which I am sure would be more fun overall for you.
3. Differences in RCCL and NCL? Ncl has the Freestyle Cruising which means you can dress as you like and dine when you like during the cruise. RCI has dress codes for the dining rooms as well as Formal nights, which means you got to dress up.
4. Which would you prefer and which is better for two 21 year old college students?
I would check first as I do not think 21 yo is old enough to sail without someone being over 25! I think overall you would like the NCL cruise the best because of the freestyle cruising and the ports are better.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old March 30th, 2014, 06:50 AM
First Mate

I suggest Oasis just because the ship is a shore excursion. So much to do onboard for you and your friend

Next Up NCL Jade