Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:33 AM
Captain

Default Do Carnivals sister lines give perk any reciprocity?

On Celebrity I got elite and it bumped my status on RCL, does Carnival have anything similar? I've been on Costa, Carnival, and Princess but never Holland.

Can I join the program before my cruise and get some perks? Or join after my sailing and get bump in status? Even a free drink or something would be nice

I heard if you call on booking and tell them which line you cruised with you can get the member sale fares.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:25 AM
Admiral

With Carnival Corp it seems to be pretty much down to the individual brands, for example, once we completed our first Princess cruise, we got credit for ALL of our previous P&O cruises. However we only got half points from P&O for Princess cruises and now P&O have scrapped that all together.

For HAL and Cunard we received no benefits for our P&O or Princess cruises

I would suggest that you contact the loyalty club for whichever brand you are looking at booking &ask them directly.

Also, are you aware that if you own 100 shares in Carnival, you will get OBC on every cruise you take with any of their brands. Check their website Carnival Corporation | Investor Relations | Shareholder Benefit

Happy cruising,
Alan.
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM
Admiral

I had read once when Carnival acquired Princess that regulators on both sides of the Atlantic required them to maintain pretty sharp lines between their lines.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Your level will not transfer but if you have previously cruised on Princess, Holland America, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, or Seabourn, you are eligible for the past-guest rates offered by Carnival, Costa and Seabourn.

This applies to the "past guest rate" for booking but the "level" you hold on another Carnival Corporation cruise line will not transfer. Your level on Carnival Cruises is determined solely on how many Carnival Cruises you have done.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
Captain

Quote:
Also, are you aware that if you own 100 shares in Carnival, you will get OBC on every cruise you take with any of their brands.
Yes but I'm not really brand loyal though I have my rankings. Usually itinerary will decide which line I am on then most ports, longest time in port, benifits(like free drinks on elite Celebrity), on board activities offered(mini golf, rock climb, serenity area), etc.

Buying 100 CCl and 100 RCL is about $8500 right now.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old June 5th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Captain

Senior Management at Carnival Corp has maintained for years that they do not want cruisers moving between their brands.
They have no good reason to encourage you to do so.
Old June 6th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
Senior Management at Carnival Corp has maintained for years that they do not want cruisers moving between their brands.
They have no good reason to encourage you to do so.
I believe that they should rethink that policy into a strategy to allow 'entry level' products to encourage pax to move to the next level of quality or age group. This would deter current pax from looking to other brands when they want to move on.
For example in Europe, if a passenger were to join one of the P&O family ships, they should be encouraged to either stay loyal by having a progression path to adult only, or encouraged to move from P&O to Princess (or vice-versa) then onto HAL, Cunard, and Seabourn.

But then I am merely a paying passenger & the SnrMgt are the ones getting the Big Bucks ;o)

Alan.
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Admiral

It is not that Carnival doesn't want cruisers moving between brands, but the brands are independent of each other and will remain so.

Per Arnold Donald and the 4th Qtr 2013 Earnings Call:

"Operating our brands independently has been successful and it has led to our industry-leading position. The brands will remain independent, especially at the guest interface level as they become increasingly distinct in the psychographics of the guests they source and they service."