Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > American Queen Steamboat Company
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2001, 12:37 AM
Paul Penta

Default They're baaaaaaccccck

I'm a former and hopefully future employee of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company. The company is in the process of recovering from the American Classic Voyages fiasco. The Delta Queen herself will suspend operations as of Jan 4th or 5th and go into extended layup until August. In the meantime, they are accepting reservations for the Mississippi Queen's return to the rivers starting (I believe) May 7th. There a whole new attitude at DQ, or should I say a "good old fashioned attitude". The company is now being run by experienced steamboaters who are bringing us back in style.

Reservations are coming in and I think you will find a more attractive price schedule, especially for some of the shorter duration cruises.

I'm not sure if you are familiar at all with the truly unique cruise experience provided by The Delta Queen Steamboat Company. No other cruise line in the world can offer the same itineraries with the same amenities and entertainment features.

It is an American cruise line offering an American experience like no other. Whether it's a quiet, stately small town like St. Francisville, the hustle-bustle of St. Louis or the musically historic Beale Street experience in Memphis, The Delta Queen Steamboat Company serves it all up with a dash of elegance and panache.

Research it. Call them. Satisfy yourself that what I'm telling you is the truth. Then, share it with your fellow cruisers. You will be perfoming a service not only to them, not only to the 2500 employees who were laid off but also to the preservation of American heritage at a time when all things American are in peril.

The company site is http://www.deltaqueen.com. Take five minutes and check it out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2002, 12:39 AM
BEVELY KITTS

Default Re: employment

Dear Sir
THE DELTA QUEEN CRUISE LINE COM. HAD INTERVIEWED BY SON FOR EMPLOYMENT IN THE ENERTAINING END OF THE BUSINESS. HIS NAME IS ROBERT MICHAEL KITTS. HE IS NOW WORKING FOR BROADWAY PALM DINNER THEATRE IN FORT MYERS FLORIDA . THEY SAID THEY WERE FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY AND ALL. THEY WERE NOT SHOWING THEY WOULD HAVE ANYMORE CRUISES GOING OUT. DO THEY STILL HAVE THE STEAMBOAT THE MISSISSIPPI QUEEN GOING OUT IN MAY AND DO THEY HAVE ENOUGH ENTERTAINERS? HE WAS VERY INTERSTED IN EMPLOYMENT WITH THIS COMPANY. HE JUST GOT OFF A TOUR WITH THE PHAMTON THAT TOURED THE CITIES OF U.S.A. AND HAD SOME VERY GOOD REVIEWS. JUST WONDERING. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS..
RESPECTFULLY
BEVERLY KITTS
Old February 9th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: employment

I'm so glad that they are taking reservations again. I did my first cruise on them in October on the Mississippi Queen out of Pittsburgh, had a fantastic time.

Gonna start looking for another one!
Old February 19th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: They're baaaaaaccccck

I am so glad that the Delta Queen Steamboat Company is returning the the rivers. I have cruised on all four boats and have loved them all. We were on the Delta Queen Sept 11th.

I am glad for the Delta Queen and the Mississippi Queen but I am wondering what will happen to the American Queen and the Columbia Queen? I saw the American Queen on Television during a sports reporter commintary for the Super Bowl. It was in the background I wondered if they were using it as a motel.
Old April 3rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: They're baaaaaaccccck

Got a brochure in the mail for the DQ and MQ. Cruised in AQ her first year and promised myself a trip on the Ohio in the original before it is all over. The brochure offered free air or a transportation allowance. Certainly worth considering, particularly if you can't stand cattle boats.