Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Asia
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Ed Hong

Default Star Princess Ho Chi Minh City shore excursion

My wife and I will be on the February 14, 2004 sailing of the Star Princess from Sydney to Bangkok with a stop at Ho Chi Minh City (Vung Tau). Has anyone used other guided tour agencies for the shore excursion from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City instead of the one provided by the cruiseship company? At present, I am in contact with the travel agency PassionAsia.com, and they have provided me with an itinerary of an interesting full day tour at a reasonable price. Please give me your impression of this agency if you have used its service. Also, anyone on the same cruise who would like to join us please email me for the details.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Star Princess Ho Chi Minh City shore excursion

Hi
My wife & myself are on the Star Princess on the 14th Feb and would be interested in joining you on this tour, what other tours are you doing? Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Tim
Old December 28th, 2003, 02:12 AM
Ed Hong

Default Re: Re: Star Princess Ho Chi Minh City shore excursion

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your interest and your inquiry. The following is part of the reply I received from Passionasia.com. It is similar to some of the tours offerred by Princess, but at a much more reasonable price:
Referring to your inquiry about 9 hours city tour of Ho Chi Minh City package in Mar.1,2004,
I want to recommend you as the followings :
ITINERARY:
Pick up at exit of Vung Tau Port. Transfer to Ho Chi Minh. The sightseeing tour starts with a visit to the Reunification Palace which was the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until end of April 1975. Close to the Palace, there are some striking French colonial structures including the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Sai Gon Post Office. After seeing the Jade Emperor Pagoda and the War Remnant Museum, we continue our trip to the Cho Lon, Saigon¡¦s Chinatown, which is crammed with fascinating temples and mysterious, narrow lanes. Lunch at local restaurant.Drive back to Vung Tau.

The price of the tour above is 40* USD/Person based on coming together 16 persons and above.
*Inclusions :
-Ground transfer, guide, entrance fee, 1 lunch at local restaurant.
*Remarks : We are able to pick you up at exit of the port only, not at pier.

Kindly let me know whether the aboved information give you satisfaction or not so if I will very happy to book it
for you on time and if you want to change or adjust anything in the program,just kindly let me know.I will be more
than pleased to customize the package for you.

I also posted a message on the Cruisecritic forum:
<http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=245 3034327&p=11>
There are quite a few more people who are also on the same cruise over there and a few couples are also interested in this tour. I am hoping we can get a group of 16 persons soon so that we can have this tour booked before I have to leave for Auckland the end of next month.
Old January 24th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Ed Hong

Default Re: Star Princess Ho Chi Minh City shore excursion

This message is no longer relevant and can be deleted.