Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Asia
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Train Station in Xingang

Question for anyone who has used the train station in Xingang. (Port for Beijing).

How far is it from the cruise port?
Is it accessible by taxi?
Do you know if shuttle service is available?

Any information that has experience using the train to get to Beijing would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to davidzik

Hi Mike,
I was in Xingang in October 2005 disembarking from the Diamond Princess. I have been to China many times and considered doing my own thing in getting to Beijing.

Take my word for it, there is only one practical option and that is to take the shuttle bus from the dock to either the city or the airport. It's about a two hour trip from memory.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Tony
Old April 14th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yep:

I found out for myself that the train is not an option and I'm glad that we booked our own private guide and driver. They met us at the port entrance which was less than 100 yds. from the ship.

Xingang is a port in which you either do a ship's excursion or an official Chinese government endorsed tour. If you do things on your own you will need your passport. Many people had problems, even on cruise tours, checking into hotels and exchanging money. An ATM card is a must.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old January 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Passenger

Can you let me know who you booked the private tour with. I will be going to Xingang 16 april and need a 2 day tour to Beijing and great wall. Any help would be appreciated. We (2 people) will be on HAL Statendam and will be stopping in Shanghai, Dalian, Pusan, Nagasaki and Kobe - so any tips you can give for any of these ports would be greatly appreciated. I was wanting to do the train as I understand there is a lot of traffic from Beijing to Xingang but now that I read your comments I understand that the train is not recommended. Were there a lot of taxi waiting at the port to take people to Beijing.please email me dedicatedtraveller@yahoo.com
Thanks Jennifer
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

It is about 16km from the Tianjin cruise port to Tanggu train station, the nearest train station near Xingang, about half an hour's drive. From Tanggu to Beijing by train, it takes only 1 hour. But the way from the cruise port to Tanggu train station is awkward.

This cruise port is a new one, Tianjin International Cruise Home Port, far-off from the town down. If you haven't booked a car or taxi in advance, it's very hard to find taxi nearby the cruise terminal, let alone shuttle bus. If you have many luggage, it would be very not convenient, even board the train. So, it's better to arrange the transfer service in advance no matter from the ship or the local travel agent.
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Jennifer,

I sent you a PM with some information.

Take care,
Mike

Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

There is info on Tianjin and maps here

Cruise Port Wiki