CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Happy Birthday to Us (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/239166-happy-birthday-us.html)

Kuki August 23rd, 2000 12:02 PM

Happy Birthday to Us

Anne and Paul,

To use the old cliche, " I can't believe it's been a year".

For some reason you two invited a relatively new to cruising moose from north of the 49th parrallel cruise hicksville (Calgary,Alberta) to join the CruiseMates team.

You showed great leadership instructing me to write stuff <G>
It took some kind of guts to assume someone that sells rooms and drinks for a living could write legibly (sure there are many that say I don't).

I have to say publicly what a pleasure it's been for me to be involved in CruiseMates. The two of you have been amazing in your dedication, and drive to build a cruise magazine and community which overflows with valuable cruise information, and yet remains a friendly spot for cruise lovers to share real information and experiences.

But, from behind the scenes, what has impressed me the most is how open you've been to new ideas, and how you've grown the site by helping it to evolve.
Being a business owner, I know just how important it is to have bosses that listen.
You two really do listen to your writers, and to the site's users! And that's at least part of the reason CruiseMates is such a great cruise web site.

I'm truly honored by my assocation with you, and always say proudly.....

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com

Paul Motter August 23rd, 2000 02:38 PM

RE: Happy Birthday to Us

Thanks Kukester, I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

http://www.cruisemates.com/Animated/bday1.gif

I also have to say that we couldn't possibly have done it without you! Talk about working behind the scenes and listening to our readers. You are the champ at that. We have the best staff possible, but the fact that you came in here to congratulate us publicly shows what kind of a guy you are.

Jim Bragg August 23rd, 2000 03:57 PM

I wish to take this time to publically thank all those that made this site possible, especially Anne Campbell and Paul Motter. Not only is this THE site for the most up-to-date and truthful information concerning cruising on the internet, but the scope of the information is so wide that there is virtually something here for everyone, novice and expert alike. Additionally I have discovered some wonderful friends, taken some great cruises, gotten great deals, and learned more about cruising than I thought I ever would. Again, CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most outstanding Cruise website ever created!
Jim
aka RoboCop
Thursday Chat Host

hdawson August 23rd, 2000 07:16 PM

CONGRATULATIONS and many, many more to come. If you've come this far in just a year, imagine five years. Keep up the good work. We all appreciate the hard work that staff has put into this baby. John

Donna August 23rd, 2000 07:37 PM

Hi fellow cruisemates,
Wow, can't believe its been a year already. So many new features have been added to the site in just a short time and its the best site on the net! Congrats Paul and Anne, you've done a great job, its been a pleasure hosting on Tuesday nites and working on the boards! Lets keep on Cruising :-)

Donnassei/Sealover

Anne Campbell August 23rd, 2000 07:46 PM

Kuki...we couldn't have gotten this far without you! Your support has been a tremendous boost to our site! Thanks, Anne

Carole Dunham August 31st, 2000 04:54 PM

I raise my glass to the best darned cruiseboard on the Internet! Happy birthday.

Carole