CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (
-   -   Single Cruising (

jay survant August 31st, 2000 06:08 PM

Single Cruising
Am recent widower. SWM--67 yrs- usa
Is there anyway I can find a cruisemate to offset some of the expense.
Am easy going non smoker and am available on short notice.
Would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can give me
in resolving this situation as I am eager to get on with my life and I feel a couple of Cruises would help.
Thank you in advance

Donna August 31st, 2000 09:23 PM

RE: Single Cruising
Hi Jay,
Why not post in the singles board here and see if you can find someone. I agree, you need to go on with your life and what better way than to cruise. Wish you luck and adventure with the cruises, have fun! I have also heard of doing a share when you book a cabin, but then you really never know who you'll end up with for a cabin mate. My sister and her family did that with their teen son and his cabin mate was an 80 year old male. They actually had no problems, you're not in your cabin all that much anyway, but its something to consider??

Anne Campbell September 1st, 2000 04:43 AM

RE: Single Cruising
I suggest you post this in the single cruisers area, which has its own message boards. And, e-mail CruiseMates' singles editor, Pat Hagen (, for any advice.

You didn't mention your age range, but Crystal Cruises has the best single occupancy rate, around 15% above double occupancy fares. Singles stay in outside cabins. And, with all the discounts around, you can probably save a lot of money on top of this. There are lots of singles aboard this ship, guest lecturers and enticing itineraries. The food and service are the best.

But Pam can fill you in on other ships as well.

Good luck,