Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2000, 11:12 PM
LEtue

Default Mini Suites on the Grand Princess

Can someone tell me if butler service is "as requested" in a mini-suite on the Grand. Would love to enjoy the extra space but having a butler around just isn't us....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2000, 01:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: Mini Suites on the Grand Princess

LEtue wrote:
>
> Can someone tell me if butler service is "as requested" in a
> mini-suite on the Grand. Would love to enjoy the extra space
> but having a butler around just isn't us....
>
> Thanks!
I don't think I'm a butler kind of guy either. Think I'd be asking him if I could get him anything <G>
You don't have to worry, if you don't want his services just tell him so. Still, it might be nice to have him serve you breakfast on the verandah just once
There may be some other odds and ends such as dinner reservations in Sabitinis or such that you'd like him to take care of, so I wouldn't rush to give him the week off.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 10th, 2000, 09:24 AM
LEtue

Thanks Kuki,

I knew someone would know the answer to this one. The price to upgrade to a mini suite from a regular balcony cabin was so minimal that I thought it would be nice to give it a try! And you are absolutely right about the reservations and breakfasts on the balcony This is a family cruise for Christmas 2001 so it will be great to have room for other family members to join us for drinks before dinner.......

Linda
Old September 11th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It isn't as if the butler is intrusive, he doesn't "live" with you ;-)

Basically, the butler takes over some of the duties of the steward and of the concierge, and he is much more of a time saver than a time waster. For example, if you want to book a shore excursion (or get a reservation in an alternative dining venue) there is no need to go to the shore-ex desk, just page your butler and tell him what tours you want and he will deliver your tickets.

He will also serve you dinner in your cabin from the dining room menu, one course at a time. He will pick up and deliver your dry cleaning, deliver invitations to dining companions, etc.

Don't worry, sit back and enjoy the butler thing. It really is a big help.
Old September 16th, 2000, 09:51 AM
George in NY

Paul, I learned from your post, would never have thought that butler also handles tour tickets. We will have the butler for the first time in Oct when we sail the Zenith to Bermuda. Although I don't consider myself the butler type guy I have also found that I can become many things if given the opportunity So maybe I'll just become a butler type guy.

George in NY - could definately be a French Maid type guy
Old September 16th, 2000, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

George in NY wrote:
>
>
> George in NY - could definately be a French Maid type guy

George,
ROFL.. me too!!
I read in another post about your upcoming "suite cruise". I'm jealous!!
While I'm here, I also want to say thanks for all your informative posts and pictures. We gain alot having someone with your cruising experiences posting!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com