Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2000, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Default Bargain Finder - How is it working?

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience with the Bargain Finder feature on Cruisemates. I have a couple of cruises I'm interested in for 2001 and was wondering if anyone has had success in getting the best price through this method.

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2000, 01:31 PM
Dawn Stefano

Default RE: Bargain Finder - How is it working?

Hi Susie:

I guess you can never know for sure if you've received the "best" price possible ... you can only do some research and turn up the best price within the sources you check. Bargain Finder is very helpful in this regard.

The nicest thing I've found about Bargain Finder is that the participating agents will quote you a price for the cruise you request, but many of them will also recommend comparable cruises that might represent a better value because of special discounting. They are aware of everything that's available for a particular sail date, while it would be very time consuming for you to try and do all that research yourself. Another plus is that there's no obligation or pressure to buy.

I try to keep up with trends in the cruise biz, and all of the quotes I've received through this tool seemed to mirror or better the standard pricing of the moment (if there really is such a thing in this volatile industry). If you have your heart set on a specific ship and date, Bargain Finder is a good way to do a price comparison, though you may find that prices vary by only a few dollars from agent to agent.

It's free and it's easy. Give it a try!
Old October 9th, 2000, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Susie,
Yes, I've had very good luck with the bargain finder. Hopefully you will get more than one travel agent to answer you and you will be able to compare. Give it a try, its easy and hassle free, good luck.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 12th, 2000, 03:10 PM
jimbragg

Susie,
I used this service the day after it came out and was successful in getting a cruise for well below the going rate that was advertised by T/A's. A T/A answered my ad and offered me a cruise for $599pp that was being sold everywhere else from $699 to $899 so yes, I think it works quite well.
Robocop
Old October 15th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Carole Dunham

I like it very much. We found an agent who was able to find us a cabin on a VERY sold out cruise at a very reasonable rate. Unfortunately, for personal reasons we had to cancel later, but I was impressed and would use it again.

Carole