Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Steve & Trudy

Default Medical Treatment

Good morning everyone. We are scheduled on the Explorer for the January 6th cruise. This will be our 4th cruise and we are so excited about this ship. My question is, I am on disability due to recurring migraine headaches. The headaches occur every 10-14 days. The only treatment that blows these things out of the water is a shot of Demerol/Visteril. The past 3 years we have been flying to one of the islands and staying about 10 days. Only once have I had a migraine during our vacation. My neurologist gives me a note indicated the medication and dosage required. I had no problem when I had the migraine in St. Martin, all I did was give the note to the doctor in the ER and I was treated immediately.

I called RCCL and inquired as to whether the note/prescription would be sufficient should I require treatment while on our cruise. The customer service representative told me that I would need the prescription and that I was to bring my own medication, a vial of Demerol and Visteril. I really don't want to carry narcotics with me during vacation! If any one you could talk with your reps at RCCL I would appreciate it.

By the way, I really enjoyed the chat with Jack, Anne, Donna and everyone a couple of weeks ago (I was logged in as Cha-Chi's Mom). It made us even more anxious for January 6th.

Thanks,

Trudy (Cha-Chi's Mom)
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2000, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Medical Treatment

Hi Steve & Trudy,
Sure seems like something could be done in your situation. Is is possible they just don't have those medications on board??? Seems to me someone in customer service could let them know in advance that you may be needing them and to have them for just in case.

It was a great chat and yes I too can't wait to get on this ship. 173 days for me.
Take care.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 1st, 2000, 01:05 AM
Admiral

Default RE: Medical Treatment

Personally, I'd take my own medication along -- it's the only way you can be 100% certain it will be there if you need it.

Have a great time on Explorer -- she's as beautiful ship!