Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2000, 01:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise between Hawaii Islands

We are looking for a Hawaii Cruise that we could fly to Hawaii, but sleep on the same ship as we travel from Island to Island. Does such a trip exhist?

We've noticed that it takes 3 days to sail from Southern California to Hawaii. Then, of course, 3 days to return. It doesn't leave much time to spend on each Island. We'd rather spend those 6 days in Hawaii rather then sailing to & from there. The idea is to be able to unpack on the ship & use our ship as our 'floating hotel' rather than packing & unpacking every day or two in various hotel rooms on the Islands.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2000, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Cruise between Hawaii Islands

Hi Suzy,
Other than a few re-positioning cruises that either start in the islands or end in the islands, there is American Hawaii Cruises that just do the islands, although their ships aren't really all that great, so I've heard. If you don't mind the 3 days one way and then another 7 cruising the islands, its something worth checking into.
They usually have then in the spring and then again in the fall when the ships are either finishing or starting their Alaska cruises. Here is a link to the cruise line that just cruises the islands:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/shiptour/tours/amhawaii.html>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 5th, 2000, 12:17 PM
deana

Hi Suzy,

Holland Americas Statendam does a 16 day cruise roumdtrip from San Diego.

On Royal Carribeans Vision of the Seas, you fly to Honolulu, crruise the islands and sail back to Ensenada...They bus you to San Diego from Ensenada.

We did the Vision cruise last October and are doing it again in Sept.

I'm sure their might be others.

Deana
Old November 5th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Tim Rubacky

Suzy,

You may wish to try American Hawaii's Independence (round trip from Maui) and the US Line Patriot which sails round trip from Honolulu.

Additoinally, NCL offers some seasonal 10 night cruises from Honolulu and will begin new 7 night cruises on 12/16/01 with the "Norwegian Leo". NCL's ship will be the only new megaship in regular 7 night service on the Hawaii trade.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor, CruiseMates
<http://www.CruiseMates.com>
Internet Cruise Magazine & Community
Old November 6th, 2000, 02:22 PM
Captain

American Hawaii and the United States Line do cruise just around the islands. As Tim said American Hawaii will be leaving from Maui every saturday and United States Line will leave from Honolulu every saturday. United States line will have the Patriot a former Holland America ship so it will be newer and just redecorated. The American Hawaii Independence is an old ship but for me I prefer the older ship. I have sailed on her and am doing so again. It all depends what you prefer newer or older. Seems most prefer the newer which is fine with me gives me more space on the older ships. They both stop at the same ports and provide the same tours seeing they are owned by the same parent company. The cruise is very relaxing and enjoyable.