Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2000, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele
Default Passport Required?

Are there any destinations on the southern/eastern Caribbean cruise routes where a passport is required? Or is a birth certificate and driver license sufficient?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Passport Required?

Hi Michele,
At this moment all thats required is your birth cirtificate and a picture drivers license, but I've heard that, it could change in the future. We've picked up some passports a few years ago, because we knew we'd be cruising etc. and its made traveling much easier. If you think you would use them to travel more in the future, I'd just go and get some passports. Here is a link to passport information:

<http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html>

Passport requirements:

<http://travel.state.gov/foreignentryreqs.html>

This should help answer all your questions, happy cruising!

Donnassei/Sealvoer
Old November 25th, 2000, 11:27 AM
Carole Dunham

I agree with Donna. I've carried a passport since the age of 17. I'm almost 62 now. I keep it renewed on the offchance that I might be taking a last minute trip. They are so easy to get and last such a long time that it isn't worth it to carry birth certificates along with me. Also I'm limited to the Caribbean. Next September I hope to go to Europe on the cruisemates' Golden Princess cruise. No need to get anything, already have it.

Carole
Old November 25th, 2000, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele

Perhaps I should have phrased my question differently as I wasn't looking for a 'thumbs up' for a passport I just need to know if it's required or not. Time constraints do not permit obtaining a passport for a last minute traveler.

I take it the answer is no for a passport as of today, 112500, while cruising the southern Caribbean.

Enjoy your weekend. And thanks for responding.

Michele
Old November 25th, 2000, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Michele,
Yes, thats true, at the moment all you need is your birth cirtificate and a pic ID.
Have a great cruise :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 26th, 2000, 04:13 PM
RoboCop

Michele,
A birth certificate and DL or other type official photo ID is all that is currently required anywhere in the Caribbean EXCEPT for Belize which requires a passport. Rumors are flying about some of the islands soon to be wanting passports as well. Even if they do not require it in the near future it is always nice to go ahead and get a passport. Much easier to deal with and as they last 10 years they are pretty cheap. There is a link here on Cruisemates on the left-hand side of the homepage under the red tabs. Just scroll down and click on the black "links" word and it takes you there. You can then get and download all information about Passports there.
Jim
Old December 7th, 2000, 12:55 PM
Dawn Stefano

Michele:

Be sure the birth certificate is an original and not a copy, and don't forget your driver's license or other government-issued photo ID.

Bon voyage!

Dawn