Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Default Cabins For Disabled Persons

My travel agent booked a confirmed room reservation for us on Celebrity Cruise Lines going to Alaska in 2001. I found out later that the reserved room was for disabled passengers - the agent said not to worry because these cabins are hardly ever filled by handicapped guests. I don't want to take this cabin away from someone who really needs it - what should I do? There are no other cabins available at this price level.
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2000, 12:01 AM
Carole Dunham
Default RE: Cabins For Disabled Persons

Relax and enjoy it. I was in a handicap cabin in Alaska on the Galaxy a couple of years ago. It is huge and the bathroom is bigger than my bathroom at home. It's convenient to the atrium if you want to book shore excursions, get cash etc.

Old November 30th, 2000, 10:34 AM

I am glad to see you are concerned about taking a handicaped room when you do not need one. I would hope that if the cruise line needs that room for a handicapped person they would provide you with another room as nice or an upgrade. Perhaps you should ask your TA if they think there is a chance that you would be moved if the room was needed. My wife is handicapped but we book early so we get the room we want. I would hope that others do also because there usually are not a lot of handicapped rooms whether on a cruise ship or in a hotel.
Old November 30th, 2000, 12:55 PM

A similar thing happened to us too on the Legend in Alaska. Leave your cabin assignment up to the cruise lines. Enjoy the extra space. Did you get a balcony? These are great for Alaska site seeing.
Bon Voayge.
Old November 30th, 2000, 08:56 PM

I certainly wouldn't worry about it. If they have to have this cabin what they would do is offer you a higher cat cabin and leave the choice to you.

cabin, cabins, cruise, cruises, disabled, forums, handicapped, msc, persons, price, requirements, room, ship, ships, staterooms