Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2000, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob
Default Can I make my return flight?

I booked a trip on Carnivals Paradise for new years eve and got a good price but they could not provide airfare. I was able to get a good flight out but my return flight back with Northwest leaves Miami at 9:45 a.m. and no other flights are available with anyone I can find. Any advise on what to do to try to make this work.... I'm afraid they won't let me off in time and we'll miss our return flight. I've been on cruises where customs holds the ship up.
Should I check with Carnival in advance.....talk to the pursers on board? Any advise is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2000, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Can I make my return flight?

Hi Bob,
Yes, as soon as you board, let the pursers know and they should get you off first. As you mentioned problems with customs can cause some delays, and its cutting it close. We had to do that once and they put a special sticker on our sign and sail cards to show we had early flights. You may also want to grab a cab along with all your luggage to the short trip back to Miami airport. Good luck and have a wonderful New Years Cruise!

Donnassei
Old December 15th, 2000, 05:26 PM
Kuk

I would do whatever I could to change the flight. Even if you're the first off the ship, u may have problems making it to the right gate in time, especially at the Miami Airport.
Guess the good part is u have the rest of the day to find a stanby flight home <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old December 15th, 2000, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Frankly, I think you have virtually no chance of making a 9:45 flight out of Miami. Not likely that you will be off the ship before maybe 8:30 at best... then you have to find/claim luggage... there really is no likelyhood. Even if you carry off your own baggage. If there any delay in clearance at all you'll be totally out of luck... but even without customs delays it is hard to see how you could make it. Suggest you take a good look at alternatives. Ernie
Old December 27th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Dawn Stefano

How about staying in Miami and flying home the next day? You'll have a tough time making a 9:45 flight, even if everything goes your way (which, by the way, almost never happens at disembarkation).

Good luck.
Old December 29th, 2000, 11:22 PM
Logan Wrenn

Only take carry-on luggage and pray that the snowstorm is affecting wherever you are going home to. I would stay an extra day and try to go back then. It will be cutting it close. Take a cab to the airport if you try it. I made it to the airport by 9am once before.