Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2000, 10:30 AM
Conch Conklin

Default First European cruise -- suggestions wanted

We are hoping to make our first big cruise trip this year. Since we are very new at this (having done only short weekend cruises to the Bahamas), any and all suggestions are welcome. Here's what we would like to do:

Fly to Europe from South Florida, Business Class, for a reasonable rate, sometime around March - May 2001.

Cruise the Greek Islands for 7 - 10 days and return.

US Air is currently offering a 10-day Renaissance Cruise for $599 per person, January through March. I called them and they are going to send some brochures. Is this price too good to be true? What's the weather in Greece like in March? Do prices go up a lot during April and May?

As I said, any suggestions or advice is welcome!!

--Conch Conklin
Florida Keys

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2000, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: First European cruise -- suggestions wanted

Hi Conch,
Sounds like you pretty much already know what kind of cruise you're looking for.
You may want to try to post all that in the "bargain finder" here at Cruisemates.
With any luck you will hear back from some travel agents with what they can find for you with prices. If you want the airfare included, just be sure to put that in there along with the city you will be flying out of. I've tried it a few times and its a great time-saver, works very well, so give it a shot and hopefully you will get back some nice deals :-)

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donnassei
Old December 27th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Dawn Stefano

I saw that same US Airways ad in a mailing I received for frequent flyers. It's an incredibly good price and Renaissance commonly slashes prices to the bone to fill up slow-selling dates. However, I first received that offer 2-3 weeks ago so I wouldn't be surprised if those discounts are already sold out.

Renaissance provides a great, casually elegant cruise experience and has been cruising the Greece itinerary for a number of years, so it's likely that their land tours are high quality.

Of course, once you add on business class airfare from Florida the trip will no longer be a bargain (unless you're using FF miles), but in my opinion would still be a great value.

Let us know what you decide.
Old December 29th, 2000, 08:06 AM
Conch

Renaissance sounds like a good deal. They are sending me their catalog, so we will have to see what kind of trips they are currently offering. I agree, the US Air deals may be over by then. Business Class seating isn't critical, but after many years of overseas business travel, we are spoiled! I think we may have enough frequent flier miles to do the upgrade.

Can you recommend any other cruise lines for Greece trips?

Old December 29th, 2000, 11:10 PM
Logan Wrenn

If you are looking for current deals from Renaissance, visit their website: www.renaissancecruises.com/. You can book online and also sign up for an email list. They offer just about all of their promotions directly to the public on the website. Keep in mind there is NO SMOKING onboard all their ships and no children under 18 (being revised to 13 in early 2001)