Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2000, 12:33 PM
L. Schwartz

Default Uniworld European Barge River Cruises

Has anyone any info on Uniworld's European River Cruises on new large barges built especially for them? The brochures look wonderful, and the prices are exceptionally reasonable, but I've never seen anything written about them.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2000, 03:11 PM
Carole Dunham

Default RE: Uniworld European Barge River Cruises

I posted a question about a Russian River cruise and Paul told me about Uniworld. They are now the largest river cruise operator in Europe.

Carole
Old December 29th, 2000, 11:06 PM
Logan Wrenn

Default RE: Uniworld European Barge River Cruises

My mom is sailing on one in April, so I will let you know when she gets back. I had a couple who went on one about 3 years ago and they had a great time.
Old January 18th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Uniworld European Barge River Cruises

I haven't traveled with Uniworld, but they are an experienced company. Be sure to ask about the nationalities of passengers -- when they're mixed, shore excursions are frequently in several languages.

I recommend you also take a look at Viking River Cruises (go to CruiseMates' ship review area), operated by the former owners of Royal Viking Line. I took one of their new ships last October on the Danube (Passau to Vienna) and it was outstanding. All English-speaking passengers, terrific all-female staff (except the Captain). The boats are just beautiful and the cabins large, with full-length windows. Food some of the best I've ever had in my life. We spent around half the time in port (overnight in several), the rest languidly cruising the Danube. All fares include round-trip airfare, cruise, transfers, meals, wine and most tours. Visit them on the web too: www.vikingrivercruises.com. Some terrific Russia itineraries this year....also Italy's Po River.
Old January 18th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Uniworld European Barge River Cruises

I haven't traveled with Uniworld, but they are an experienced company. Be sure to ask about the nationalities of passengers -- when they're mixed, shore excursions are frequently in several languages.

I recommend you also take a look at Viking River Cruises (go to CruiseMates' ship review area), operated by the former owners of Royal Viking Line. I took one of their new ships last October on the Danube (Passau to Vienna) and it was outstanding. All English-speaking passengers, terrific all-female staff (except the Captain). The boats are just beautiful and the cabins large, with full-length windows. Food some of the best I've ever had in my life. We spent around half the time in port (overnight in several), the rest languidly cruising the Danube. All fares include round-trip airfare, cruise, transfers, meals, wine and most tours. Visit them on the web too: www.vikingrivercruises.com. Some terrific Russia itineraries this year....also Italy's Po River.