Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2000, 08:54 PM
Passenger

Default Princess Employee Rudeness

I have a Princess cruise booked for January 2001. I called the company to ask about some travel arrangements that were difficult for us. (They has us traveling until after midnight on the way home, and I wanted to know if anything could be done.) I was disconnected several times, after being placed on hold for more than 15 minutes each time. I was also hung up on multiple times, screamed at more than once, and lied to over and over again. I am FURIOUS at this treatment. My travel agent tells me he was met with the same attitude from several Princess employees when he tried to contact them. Does any one know who top management at Princess and P & O are, and how to reach them? I want to write a letter letting them know of my experience with their misnamed "customer service" department. My husband and I saved for quite a while for this vacation, and I am so disappointed with Princess service, it has already put a damper on the trip that was meant to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Dawn Stefano

Default RE: Princess Employee Rudeness

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Don't let it ruin a special vacation for you. I have sailed with Princess before and I can tell you that my shipboard experience is much different than what you've experienced with their customer service staff.

I hope your letter brings some satisfaction. You should address it to:

Princess Cruises
10100 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
(310) 553-1770

Peter Ratcliffe, President
Rick James, Senior Vice President of Customer Service and Sales
Old December 27th, 2000, 07:15 PM
RoboCop

Cathie,
It is the job of your T/A to handle any problems you encounter and he/she should be the one contacting P&O to help with your air connections. That is what he is getting his commission for. You should not ever have to contact the cruise line yourself.
Jim
Old December 28th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Carole Dunham

Dear Cathie,

There is absoloutely no excuse for rudeness, but it seems to be creeping into the service end of all industries these days. It seems that everyone is forgetting the old adage "The customer is aolways right."

I think this is probably too late for your upcoming cruise but really the air isn't the responsibility of the cruise line. Sounds strange but cruiselines contract with airlines to have them get their passengers to the port or embarkation and back and airlines sell the best routes and times directly. Cruise passengers geet stuck with whwat's left. The two best ways to get to your port of embarkation are 1. book your own air going in a day early. It will be quite a bit cheaper than the cruiseline's air. 2. Use cruise air but get air deviation, $35.00 for domestic and $50.00 for international. It allows you to pick your own flights. It isn't always doable, but your own air always is. I am taking an HAL Panama canal cruise in March. My daughter used air mileage from Washington, DC and I used Expedia.com to buy my air from Miami. We got the name of the transfer company from our travel agent and booked the transfers in Costa Rica ourselves. Also booked third party insurance. I prefer to let the cruiselines book the cruise and I'll do the rest. Once you're onboard I promise you you're in for a treat.

Carole
Old December 29th, 2000, 10:54 AM
Yeoman

Hi:

Congrats on your anniversary.

I have to agree with previous postings. You TA should be in control of air etc. If you are fortunate enough to have frequent flyer mileage, the airlines will work with you.

That being said, I can state that as a equipment supplier to Princess, I have never encountered a rude employee and I am on the side trying to sell to Princess.

From a fellow cruiser, I can tell you that our experience on the Dawn Princess was above and beyond the call of duty for the Princess Staff.

Would I sail again on Princess? In a heart beat and I am looking at their current listings right now.

Go....enjoy your cruise.

Bob
Old December 29th, 2000, 08:28 PM
Pamela M

Hi Cathie--

A word or two from the 'other side' as I am unable to relate to your experiences. My TA is a dream but I have had occasion to phone Princess personally in the absence of my TA. I have received superior service from the answering representative. And, I have spoken with a variety of departments on the 800-PRINCESS number who promptly and courteously answered questions regarding shore excursions, spa treatments, captain's circle, etc.

As with other 'posts' I certainly agree with allowing your TA to work out any special flight arrangements directly with the cruiseline. I just today received my cruise docs for Jan7. While I am very displeased with the air travel schedules arranged by Princess on my behalf, I did leave it 'in their hands' so I will accept it and go on.

If you asked for air deviation prior to ticketing, your TA should be able to work it out with Princess. I wish you a safe, smooth sailing.