Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2000, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default First Time Cruiser

My husband, two teenage daughters and I have just booked our first cruise on the RCCL Enchantment of the Seas. I hope there is enough to do for the girls (15 and 17 years old) on board. Are there laundromats on board or should we just pack enough for the 7 days? We are really looking forward to this cruise. I've yet to talk to someone who didn't love their cruising experience. Happy New Year!
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2000, 11:51 AM
Mike Mastellar

Default RE: First Time Cruiser

Laura:
According to Royal Caribbean's brochure, there is self service laundry facility available. In my personal experience I have found that many times the laundry facilities aboard ship have quite a wait to get an available machine. If the facility is open early morning or late at night then that is usually the best time to get an open machine.

You can also use the onboard dry cleaning and laundry facilities. They are not too much more expensive than land based laundry or dry cleaning service.

I have also found that my wife and I pack far too many clothes and usually wind up not wearing a number of things. During the day onboard ship you will find that you usually wear a bathing suit and coverup or just shorts and top.

From the home page here at CruiseMates you can click on Member Reviews and view a number of reviews on the Enchantment of the Seas.

I am sure if you go with the flow and have a positive attitude you will also love the cruising experience. But be careful, it's addicting.

Take Care;
Mike
Old December 31st, 2000, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Laura,
Sounds like you pick a great ship for your families "first cruise". No, there is no self-serve laundry on the ship, but there is a laundry service, just ask you cabin stewart, he'll be glad to handle it for you. There should be plenty of activities for your teens on board, not to worry about that. I found a members review that will definately get you in the cruise mood:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/enchantment6.html>

There is also a teen section here that your teens may find interesting, along with a "teen" message board and also a teen chat on Sunday at 8PM EST. Here is also the link to the "first cruise" that has tons of information that you should read through. Any other questions, please just post back.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donnassei
Old January 1st, 2001, 03:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Mike for responding. Like you and your wife, we usually overpack too. We are really looking forward to our cruise in April. We are folks that like to "go with the flow" and am sure we will have a great time. From what I understand, we really may just get "addicted." Thanks again for responding.
Old January 1st, 2001, 03:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for responding. It's great that you can reassure me that the teenagers will be fine. We really opted for a cruise rather than London/Paris/Edinburgh because the kids thought this would be more fun. I'm sure we will all have a great time. Thanks for the other sites for teenagers and RCCL Enchantment review. The more I read about the Enchantment, the more I think it was a good choice for a first cruise. Thanks again.
Old January 1st, 2001, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Laura,
So glad you enjoyed reading about Enchantment of the Seas, yes I think you did make a good choice for a "first cruise". Its a great ship for the whole family. You may even become addicted, like the rest of us :-)

Donnassei
Old January 5th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Carole Dunham

Hi Laura,

Your kids are right. They will have a ball. Soince they are teens, they probably won't have much to do with the kids' programs, but by the end of the first day they will have scoped out every other teen on the ship and will spend the rest of the cruise hanging out with them. That's what my 17 year old grandson does and he adores cruising. Enchantment is a beautiful ship and I hope you get as hooked as the rest of us are on cruise life.

Carole
Old January 5th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Carole! Thanks very much for responding. I like the reassurance that our daughters will have fun. They actually got along quite well so I think they will be fine if there are no other teens on board. We are going 4/1 so I'm not sure if there will be many other families. Most of the people I have spoken with just love cruising. I can't wait. All the best in 2001!