Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2001, 08:32 AM
Mary Lou Scanlon

Default Help with Bridge Tours

Okay guys...I need your expertise on this one. My hubby and I would love to have a tour of the bridge on the Millennium sailing January 7. Celebrity tells me they do not offer brige tours, but I have read about people who have done them. What is the trick to getting one? I'm counting on you guys.......<VBG>
I would get MAJOR Brownie points with my hubby if I could pull this one off.
Thanks,
Mary Lou
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2001, 12:06 PM
George in NY

Default RE: Help with Bridge Tours

Mary Lou, Not necessarily a trick. Celebrity does not as policy offer bridge tours, however, they leave it to the Master of the Ship to have some people up to the bridge at their discretion. Bridge tours are sometimes oferred for Captains Club members, again depends on ship and Captain.

I would locate the Social Hostess and ask her if the Captain will be hosting any bridge tour during the cruise and request she smuggle you and hubby onto it if at all possible. Bridge tours can be gotten sometimes, the real trick is to get an engine room tour, near impossible unless you become personal friends with the Engineering Captain or whichever rank the Officer in charge is.

They do have video played in your cabin of the bridge and galley, engineering sections and so forth.

George in NY - let us know how you make out and have a great cruise! Happy New Year
Old January 2nd, 2001, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default RE: Help with Bridge Tours

If you are not a Captain's Club member, you may consider applying on board. As George mentioned, seek the cruise director or just inquire at the Purser's desk, if you can sign up for the bridge tour. Good Luck
Bon Voyage