Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2001, 02:26 PM
Ted

Default Bad Weather

With the terrible snowstorm that hit the Northeast on Saturday, I was wondering what the cruise lines do about those who were unable to make their flights down to Florida &/or Puerto Rico to meet their ships. Many people had made flight & transfer arrangements through the cruise lines. What did they do??
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2001, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Bad Weather

Ted,
Thats a good question, I would think many were late and if the cruise line knows this, they sometimes wait. I think this is again a time when its really important to have the travel insureance, you will then be covered for missed or delayed flights.
Seems there has been a lot of bad weather around the country lately, really makes one want to cruise!

Donnassei
Old January 1st, 2001, 06:10 PM
RoboCop

If they are just a little delayed, say a max of 3 hrs, then the ship 'may' wait. Other than that, they are SOS and will either have to fly to the next port to catch the ship or take advantage of travel insurance if they were wise enough to buy it. Look at the documents and you will see in the fine print that the cruiseline is not responsible for missed connections for any reason. This is another reason why I think going a day early is very wise at any time, and in the wintertime, maybe even more than one day early.
Jim
Old January 2nd, 2001, 08:43 PM
Mary Lou Scanlon

We have been so spoiled in Pittsburgh the last few years with mild winters....I never considered flying in a day early......not so this year. How I wish I had planned to arrive on Saturday instead of Sunday. So please everyone keep your fingers crossed for me this Sunday. I don't particularly like to fly even in the best of conditions....so bad weather would really make me nervous.
Old January 2nd, 2001, 11:48 PM
Admiral

I'll cross my fingers for you....will you do the same for me on the 20th flying out of Toronto? We did the same. Never worried about it on the other 3 Caribbean cruises I went on. And didn't think too much about it when we booked on a mild October day. Good Luck! Keep us posted.
Old January 3rd, 2001, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Hi ML,
Ok, got my fingers crossed for you :-) I'm sure you will get there on time and have a great time, can't wait to hear all about it.

Donnassei
Old January 3rd, 2001, 03:43 PM
Mike Mastellar

Mary Lou;
My crystal ball shows fair skys and calm air for you flight. I hope you have a great,fun and safe flight and cruise. I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Take Care;
Mike

(Who cannot guarantee the accuracy of the crystal ball. But still hopes you have a nice flight.)
Old January 3rd, 2001, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Mike,
Gee, where can I get me one of those crystal balls?? I know ML will have a great time on Millennium, she deserves it :-)

Donnassei
Old January 5th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Carole Dunham

I too will remain an optomist and say you will have an easy flight and a wonderful cruise. I live in Miami but just spent the last 3 weeks with my daughter in Washington, DC and what a NASTY winter the northeast is having. Even though it's cold here (for Miami anyway), it feels soooo good to be home in the humidity again.

Carole
Old March 5th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA
Default Missing a cruise

Now that the northeast is facing more bad weather, has anyone ever missed their cruise and had to be flown to the next port (we do have insurance). If that happens to us we miss 2 days of a seven day cruise and I wonder what compensation occurs. We are cruising with RCI
Thanks