Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2001, 08:35 PM
jbhcw

Default Larger Ocean View Cabin - SOS

We have booked a 4 day cruise in March on the Sovereign of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Our only other RCCL was on the Majesty in an inside room. Never again! I have tried to find some pics. of the cabin but can't. Does anyone know if it is any different than a regular ocean view? Cabin is on the Commadore deck and think it has a bathtub! Any info will appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2001, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Larger Ocean View Cabin - SOS

Hi Jbhcw,
You may be able to see what the cabin is like by going through this review by
Anne Campbell, it also has a ship tour, hope this will help:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/tours/RCI/Majesty.cfm>

Donnassei
Old January 2nd, 2001, 07:26 PM
jbhcw

Thanks Donna, I checked out the site and got a pretty good idea of the size of the room.
Old January 2nd, 2001, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jbhcw,
Glad you were able to get a view of your cabin, hope it will do?? Enjoy the cruise!

Donnassei
Old January 6th, 2001, 01:36 AM
First Mate

We were on the 4 day Sovereign in July, and had a regular outside cabin. Another couple we met had a larger Oceanview on th 9th deck (can't remember the name). There is a difference in size but not a huge difference. I'd say the actual cabin area is about 4 feet wider (there was enough room between the beds to put a small table, where the regular oceanviews only had about 2 feet between the beds. The cabin does have a bathtub, though it is quite small. Don't expect to stretch out and have a leisurley bath! The window was also a little bit larger. As long as you aren't paying more than a couple hundred dollars extra, I would say its worth it. Warning...the cabins on the Sovereign are VERY small, but they are adequate for the amount of time you spend in them.
Old January 7th, 2001, 06:47 PM
jbhcw

Thanks for the info! We were in an inside cabin on the Majesty of the Seas and I said never again! I can stand small, but not quite as small as that cabin was, and also being in an inside cabin made it kinda yucky!
Old January 17th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Larger Ocean View Cabin - SOS

Your cabin will certainly be larger and having a window makes a huge difference.
The inside cabins on some of Royal Caribbean's older ships are the size of a shoe box -- could you and your companion stand up at the same time?