Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2001, 12:35 AM
marlis

Default Horseback riding at Prospect Plantation in Ocho Ri

We are going on our first cruise in March. My husband, children (10 and 11), and the friends we are traveling with (8 of us altogether) would like to do a horseback tour of
prospect plantation and the see Dunn's River Falls. In the book I bought on crusies it talks about this as a tour however it is not a shore excursion choice on our ship the Sea Princess. If anyone could give me any information I would appreciate it. Thank you, Marlis
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2001, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Horseback riding at Prospect Plantation in Och

Hi Marlis,
Here is a link to tourism offices all over the world, possible you can get more info on that in there:

<http://www.scubainfo.net/towd.html>

You may also want to try Port Pormotions, they do some tours that you can book in advance and I've heard they are good:

<http://www.portpromotions.com/>

My daughter went horseback riding in Jamaica last year and absolutely loved it, hope you all do too :-)

Donnassei
Old February 1st, 2001, 10:23 AM
Marlis

Thank you very much for the information. I found a company through one of the web sites that will do a horseback ride and Dunn's Falls which is just what my group wanted. I appreciate your help and this site. I have a feeling this will be a highlight of our trip.

Thanks again,
Marlis
Old February 21st, 2001, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Marlis,
Could you let me know what web site you used to book the horseback ride and Dunn River falls trip? I'd like to do the same for my trip. Thanks!
jody
Old March 10th, 2001, 04:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

There's a very good reason why ship tours don't have horseback riding. Too many injuries.
We just returned from NZ/AUS RCCI cruise. My husband was thrown while mounting the horse. End of a long story......we're home and he has a broken back. The ship so far paid his medical during the cruise because as they said "you were injured while on one of our tours and so we're responsible". If you happen to get an unruly horse (which they are plentiful in other countries) be prepared to assume responsibility. We're always sticking with ship tours. Might cost more, but most are checked out for safety and reliability. New Zealand was a fairly new itinierary.

I'm trying to find out if we can sue RCCI. Talked to one lawyer and he said something about maratime laws.....& to call an attorney in S.F.

ANY INFORMATION I would like hear.
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Horseback riding at Prospect Plantation in Och

hi
i was reading the message boards and my family wouold like to do the horesback riding/dunns rive falls as well. who did you end up using? Thanks,
sciencekid
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: Horseback riding at Prospect Plantation in Och

Jan - what is S.F.?