Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2001, 08:51 PM
Perri

Default "Victory" and added stay in Southbeach,M

More advice needed:
We have decided to take the advice given and not try to rush home after our cruise on the VICTORY!! We will have a couple of days to spend in Miami, and we have never been there before, so we are looking for some suggestions on where to stay and what to do???? I've been doing some research and am considering either staying in South Beach area, or Bal Harbour/Surfside area. These seem to be areas where you can do a lot of sightseeing on foot. Any advice on which area would be better to stay?Hot tips on what not to miss would be appreciated or hotel advice, would be great!!!
Thanks,Perri
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: "Victory" and added stay in Southbea

Personally, I'd stay in South Beach. In fact, CruiseMates has a writer there now, coming back with a story and recommendations on where to go/what to do. It should be live next week.

I love lively and fun, a laid-back beach scene, with stunning art deco buildings painted in so many pastel colors. Boutiques and restaurants of all types are there. Celebrities and tourists.

The main "drag" on South Beach is Collins Avenue and here you'll find lots of hotels. Let us know the price range, how many are staying there and we'll make some recommendations.

You'll be so glad you didn't make the mad dash for the airport -- this is a real cool down. And, it's so much easier to fly out of Miami on a weekday, without thousands of other cruisers.

Anne Campbell
Old January 25th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Dawn Stefano

I'd go with South Beach. Very hip and happening compared to Bal Harbor, which is beautiful, but somewhat staid by comparison.

The beach, nightclubs, restaurants are fun and you'll see some interesting sights in all three places!

If you're not on a tight budget, the Loew's is one of the nicest new hotels on South Beach, but there are less expensive rooms to be had at some of the older hotels and just north of South Beach. I stayed at the Wyndham Miami Beach last year and it was quite nice. Large rooms, nice pool area and a beautiful stretch of uncrowded beach (at least in May).

Have fun!
Old January 25th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Perri

Thanks, I, since submitting my question, decided that South Beach was the way to go. It seems that virtually everything is within waling distance!!! That's a plus, and it just seems like more fun!! I'm considering staying at "Roney Palace Beach resort"," La Flora", "The Wave", or "Fairwind Hotel and Suites"-------any comments on any of these? Also, what about must sees or must eats!!!
Thanks, Perri
Old January 25th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Perri

Thanks Dawn,
Maybe you could take a look at my response to Anne's comments, and let me know if you have any suggestions based on what I asked her.
Thanks,Perri
Old January 25th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Carole Dunham

Perri, I live in Miami. The Roney isn't on South Beach, it's a little too far north. Not familiar with the other hotels. I don't go over there very often.

Carole
Old January 25th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Perri

Thanks, I'll check that one off. Any suggestions?
Perri