Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Find a Bargain -- Post an Ad site

Hi Staff -- Can you tell me how many of the thousand of ads placed on the "find a bargain" site from your home page actually end up with a completed transaction?
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Find a Bargain -- Post an Ad site

Good Question ... I wonder about that as well. Tell us if you've found a cruise this way.
Old February 10th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Find a Bargain -- Post an Ad site

Hi,

I actually booked two cabins on the Explorer last week after placing an ad. The agency that responded with the best price was Karrol and Dave Angell of Cruises & Tours Unlimited. Tel: 888-649-5176. I spoke with Dave and mentioned my concern about dealing with an agency that I didn't know was legit or not. So he recommended I call BBB and Royal Caribbean, which I did.

This agency was registered in good standing with BBB and had no complaints to date. But what probably alleviated my fears most was just speaking with Dave. He and his wife are retired in Jacksonville, FL and work for Cruises and Tours Unlimited. He had visited the Explorer and was very helpful with cabin selection. We had a nice chat and everytime I called I got either Dave or his wife not a recording. Also he got back to me immediately with a confirmation and cabin #'s, something that doesn't seem to happen much anymore. Two days later I received the paper confirmation with the same price that was quoted. So far, very satisfied.

Diane
vze244kc@verizon.net