Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2001, 12:30 PM
L. Schwartz

Default How to Find Cruise Travel Agent Who Knows About Vi

We are considering taking a Viking River (or Uniworld) River Cruise in Europe this summer. The few travel agents in my area (Orange County, CA) who I've called have had no personal experience with either of these lines, although they have the brochures. I'm a traveler who likes to know what I'm getting into. Is there any way I can find out the current opinion (if there is one!) on these lines and how they're doing? Can you recommend a Travel Agent personally familiar with them or how to find one? Uniworld's website is nonfunctional in that the server is always down. That makes me think that glossy brochure notwithstanding, their trips might be in "disarray." Any enlightenment you can provide will be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: How to Find Cruise Travel Agent Who Knows Abou

Hi L. Schwartz,
You may want to post here in the "bargain finder" and if you get some replies, you could then ask all your questions and see if you get the answers you are looking for. You never know, you may get some good prices as well :-) Good luck,

Donnassei
Old February 20th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Dawn Stefano

Try contacting these cruise lines and ask them to recommend a handful of travel agents who are high-producers for their product. You could then call these folks and ask them to give you their honest opinion. Any agent who is looking to build a loyal following will give you the straight story.

You should be able to find cruise line contact information at the links below:

<http://www.vikingrivercruises.com>

<http://www.uniworldcruises.com>
Old February 22nd, 2001, 12:59 AM
Admiral

I cruised aboard Viking River last September, on one of their very first cruises.
The ships are brand new and simply beautiful. Food was among the best I've ever had and there was a very nice mix of time ashore and floating down the river.

Feel free to e-mail me any questions. This new company is simply fantastic.
Best of all, they market only in English-speaking countries, so tours and time aboard the boat is easier. I loved my Danube cruise and would go again in a heartbeat!