Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

My flight arrives at Houston Hobby at 10:55. I have heard stories that you have to wait an hour or two for the carnival transfer service to the port. Would it be better (its a little cheaper) to get a transfer service from an independent service so that I could get to the port earlier? The Galveston Limo Shuttle Service has a shuttle that leaves at 11:30. Is that enough time to get my bags and get on that shuttle?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

i think that only giving yourself a half-hour to get to the shuttle would be cutting it real close. Can you call and make a reservation, that way the shuttle will wait for you. I don't like taking the cruise lines buses, you have to wait until they are full and its like a cattle drive.
Old April 16th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

I was afraid I would have to wait until the bus was full to leave, and I really don't want to get to the port late in the afternoon. I think I will research and find a shuttle that I can make a reservation with. I'd rather get to the port and get on board!!!

Thanks for you help.

Teresa
Old April 17th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

I think you'd be surprised at the relatively low rate some limo services offer to the port. Check that out.
Old April 17th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Yvonne

Default Re: Re: Re: Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

Galveston Limo's stand and pickup area is in the baggage claim area at Hobby. If your plane arrives on time you should be able to make the 11:30. Let them know when you make a reservation.
Old April 18th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Transfer from Hobby to Galveston

Thanks. I did speak with them and they said if one person went to get the luggage the other could check in with them and as long as we've checked in before 11:30 they would wait for us to get our luggage.

Thanks for all the help.

Teresa