Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2001, 08:56 PM
Marlis

Default sign and sail cards

I have read here that teens are issued these sign and sail cards. I assume they are linked to the parents credit card number. Do they give these to children 10-12 and if so do you have to let your children have them? I am not sure I want my children making these kinds of decisions. I like to know everything they are up to. I am strict and hands on. I appreciate any info, everyone has been very helpful. This vacation is a big deal for us and we saved a year to pay for it. However it is new territroy and I believe the more info you have the better time you can have. So thanks again.

Marlis
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2001, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: sign and sail cards

Marlis wrote:
>
> I have read here that teens are issued these sign and sail
> cards. I assume they are linked to the parents credit card
> number. Do they give these to children 10-12 and if so do you
> have to let your children have them.
>
> Marlis
Marlis,
The choice is yours. If u dont want them active, just let the purser's desk know. They'll still get the cards, just wont work for any charges.
One time on the Destiny Kuki Jr did run a bit overboard buying arcade tokens, but then he heard what the rules were and obeyed them <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 21st, 2001, 09:09 PM
Admiral

I would not give my son a sign and sail card,just give them a few dollars to buy tokens,shirts whatever they want and when that money is gone,it's Gone!! Do buy them a drink card they can get as many soft drinks as they want and anytime for around $10.00 a card. Its cheaper than paying for soft drinks per drink. Have fun!
Old February 22nd, 2001, 09:47 AM
First Mate

Hi Marlis,

It is important for your kids to ahve the sign and sail card for identification purposes while on board and ashore.

You can set up their cards so that they can not be used to make charges, as we have done in the past. However, be sure to scrutinize your bill, you might even ask to see your charges at mid week, just to be sure. We had two instances of a kid using their supposedly unusable card to charge soft drinks (in one instance) and a trinket from the gift shop (in another instance).

If you have a problem such as this then go to the info desk and dispute the charge. You are not liable for them in this case.

Have a worry free cruise and a great time.

Hobbsey
Old February 27th, 2001, 11:09 PM
Donnamay

Do the kids use their sign and sail cards for the video games or do they have to use quarters.. we are going on the Zaandam in August and wonder if I have to haul along 50# of quarters! Also, do you have to purchase the drink cards beforehand or on board?