Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2001, 10:11 AM
First Mate

Default Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Port - Best Way?

I am leaving on a cruise in the next couple of weeks & am flying in to Ft. Lauderdale from Chicago. The flight reaches the airport at 12.30 PM & the ship is scheduled to leave at 4.00 PM.
What is the best mode of transport to the port?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 05:48 PM
RoboCop

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Port - Best Way?

Shuttle bus to the Port of Miami. Make sure it is the one going to Miami and not to the Ft Lauderdale port. <G>
Jim
Old March 27th, 2001, 08:38 PM
Carole Dunham

Robo, I don't think Super Shuttle operates between Ft. Lauderdale airport and the Port of Miami. Check and see if the cruiseline will be offering transfers and buy them directly from your cruiseline. If not, the best way to get to Port of Miami is to rent a car from Avis for the day, drive down I-95 to the port and turn the rental in at Avis at the port.

Carole
Old March 30th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Admiral

It's a short (10-15 minute) cab ride from the airport to the ship passenger terminal. Cost is around $8 ... it's the easiest or fastest way. You can probably buy a transfer from the cruise line -- ask your agent about this.

Anne Campbell
Editor, CruiseMates.
Old March 30th, 2001, 05:36 PM
TWOFER

Your question asks the best way from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami port. If that is the case, it is more than a ten dollar cab ride. Time is more like 35-60 min. depending on traffic. The Supper Shuttle web site says that it goes to any combination of airport/ports in FLL and MIA. Here is their link.http://www.supershuttle.com./
Old April 23rd, 2001, 07:36 PM
Teena

I'm doing the same flight in August and I have researched this one alot. I have a recent email from Airport Express Shuttle service which serves the Ft Lauderdale Airport. They will pick you up at the upper-level departures and take you to the port. I don't know the price for one but for 9 of us it'sonly $85.00. They have already arrange to pick us back up at the port of Miami and take us to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale when we return. Call them @ 1-866-760-9444.