Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Balcony

Default Tour Operators

Won't ID agency. But, we have reserved and have made hefty deposits with a large size agency for 50 cabins. Cheapest rate $2,400 pp (includes air to Europe). We were just told that we can't get a contract from the agency until next month, when it will be exactly a year before the cruise. This doesn't sound right! I'm getting nervous for my group of friends should this company go belly up. We haven't purchased insurance yet either. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Tour Operators

If u've made deposits u should have received confirmations of your deposits. I would be certain to get these. And be certain the deposits were paid directly to the cruise line.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old April 14th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Tim Rubacky

Balcony,

If it going to take weeks to get a contract from your agency, ditch them and find someone else! I'm sure there are plenty of others that want your business and will provide you with proper customer service and contracts on a timely basis.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old April 22nd, 2001, 10:22 PM
Balcony

Thank you for the advice. Right after I posted this question, I contacted the cruise line and asked about the delay in receiving a contract. I was told that it was NOT unsual since, they are working on 2002 prices and the rates and a contract with the TA....then us should be forthcoming 12 months before the cruise date.

Well, who has the $15,300 that was sent to the TA? I was told that it went directly to the airlines. Which is strange, since we were told the airline could not be identified so early. We've got until the first week in May-- which is exactly 12 months before we cruise.

I'm losing hair and sleep until the first week in May. All were certified checks or credit card payments (no cash).