Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Louis

Default Guarrantee inside cabin

We've booked the M category on the Golden Princess's May 28 to June 9 Grand Mediterranean sailing. There are only three cabins shown for "M". So I wonder what will we get eventually for the Captain Circle members. Also, there are many cruise surcharges put on alternative dinings and programs. What are those on Golden Princess? With only 5 weeks away, Princess asks us to contact our agent. And our agent said no reply for us so far. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Guarrantee inside cabin

Guarantees are always a crap shoot, however you could get on at the pier as you sail. this happened to me once, many years ago, also on Princess.

Carole
Old April 18th, 2001, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Louis,
A bunch of us from Cruisemates are going on Golden for the New Years cruise, would love to hear all about your Golden expierence when you return.

Donnassei
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://216.92.5.98/dda/themes/tv/Love_Boat.mid" volume=-500>
Old April 18th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Louis

That means we can't even pre-tag our luggages for cruise check-in. It is pretty scary.
Old April 19th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

My experience is that guarantees are not all that they are cracked to be. I have had much better luck calling the cruise line directly and telling them that I NEED a certain category.

I have had to do the following to get an upgrade: switch dates, switch ships, pay more. I have been 100% successful for all of those. I have NEVER been upgraded on a guarantee, but I usually book newer ships are more exotic itineraries.

Generally speaking, when I have called the cruise line, including RCCL/RCI, they have been very cooperative.

Please email me with any questions or join me for cruise chat Tues/Wed 7PM PDT

-Heather (and RIX)
Old April 19th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Carole Dunham

Don't worry about your luggage. The only job the stevedors have is to get your luggage on the ship. There will be a list onboard with what luggage goes where. All you need to put down is guarrantee on your tags, other than your name and date of sailing that is. The trick to guarrantees is to never book a category that is less than where you would feel comfortable, because you never know.

Carole
Old April 19th, 2001, 05:37 PM
gogetter

Hello,

May i add a little twist ?

Fill out your luggage tag, except for the cabin #, then as you arrive and the luggage guy wants a tip ask what cabin you are in. He will look it up and tell you, then just right it on the tag before they take it away. It only takes a minute.
Old April 22nd, 2001, 02:32 AM
Louis

Yours is a big help. Thanks.
Old April 22nd, 2001, 02:02 PM
Carole Dunham

Not necessary though. You'll get your luggage just as fast with guarantee on it. I guarantee it, .

Carole
Old May 19th, 2001, 10:26 PM
Passenger

Heather, it seems that you've been on a lot of cruises. I'm going on my second one, next week!!! RCCL in Europe. I booked through a discount agency that isn't very helpful. I have an outside cabin (category C)-- how and who does one ask for an upgrade? Is it virtually impossible to upgrade at that category level?
Thanks for any suggestions/comments
Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Louis,

Just as an fyi -- we were on the Sea Princess last November. We booked an inside guarantee (we didn't care what room we got - just wanted a place to sleep and dress). We just waited until our package arrived, approx 2 weeks before we sailed and we had been upgraded to a balcony cabin. So good things do happen. Enjoy your cruise.