Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2001, 07:48 PM
relliea

Default carry on?

My daughter and I are booked for a 4 day cruise on RCCL Radiance in May and I was wondering if we can carry on our bags. We each have an 18 inch TravelPro w/ wheels. Is there a rule that passengers have to check their luggage?

Thanks
RellieA
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2001, 10:02 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: carry on?

Nope, you will need to take your luggage through an x-ray scanner but by all means carry it onboard.

Carole
Old April 24th, 2001, 10:18 PM
Robocop

You can carry on your own luggage. We have done it on a few occasions, especially when we have very little on a short cruise
Jim
Old May 1st, 2001, 04:24 PM
Admiral

You should have no problem. An 18" Roll-on is considered a Carry-on, so you will have no problems. How do you pack so lightly?
Bon Voyage
Old May 2nd, 2001, 02:31 PM
relliea

<<How do you pack so lightly?>>

I travel a lot and have had great sucess with Travelsmith products by mixing and matching outfits. I only pack three colors, and layer for colder climates. I wear a water proof anorak jacket and a fleece vest with my jeans onboard so I don't need to pack bulky items. I also pack a NorthFace light weight long john bottem and longsleeve pullover shirt to layer under my other clothes if it's really cold.
I can get a weeks worth into my TravelPro by "rolling" clothes in plasic dry cleaner bags (it cuts down on wrinkles) and tucking socks/bras/undies/slips into every nook and cranny. I only pack two pair of shoes, both black. My 2 Indispensible TravelSmith dresses are a godsend since they can be dressed up with jewlery/scarves, or also double as casuals with flats. I also pack 1 skirt, 1 sweater jacket, matching knit pants, 3 tops, 2 shorts, bathing suit, sandels, sundress/coverup, and a silk chemise.
I also have a TravelPro shoulder bag that attaches to the suitcase which holds toiletries and my "extras". I never travel without a flashlight, 3-way light bulb, a travel alarm clock, power strip, travel hairdryer, my one cup coffeemaker and 1/2 lb. of Starbucks Italian roast. I DO have my priorities! ;-)
BTW, my husband actually enjoys traveling with me since he never has to carry my bags. <g>