Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2001, 03:24 PM
WDS

Default Parking Port Everglades

What is the procedure for parking your own private vehicle in the Midport garage at Port Everglades. Does one first drop off their luggage at the terminal and then park your vehicle? How do you return to the terminal after parking, walk or take a shuttle? I have never done this on previous cruises and woluld appreciate any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Dawn Stefano

Default Re: Parking Port Everglades

The last time I sailed out of Port Everglades was about 4 years ago, so hopefully someone who's been there recently can update us if things have changed.

We dropped off our large luggage prior to parking and tipped the guys a few dollars. We then parked and walked back to the terminal with our carry-on bags. I know the terminal and parking facilities have been expanded, but when I was there it was a relatively short walk to the terminal. We arrived at 1:00 p.m. for a 5:00 p.m. departure and didn't even experience much of a line for embarkation.

When we returned after the cruise, we schlepped our own luggage to the parking lot, but there were porters available for those who needed them.

Dawn
Old April 29th, 2001, 04:07 PM
WDS

If anyone intends to answer me directly, correct my address to w-d-s@usa.net
Old April 30th, 2001, 12:37 AM
Carole Dunham

It depends on the ship. Some of them are within walking distance of the parking garage and some aren't. You drop your luggage off, park your car and eithe walk back to your ship or take the cruiseline's shuttlebus from the garage to the pier. If any distance is involved, a bus will be provided.

Carole