Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Warning Explorer Brochure wrong and misleading

There are 4 of us booked into Cabin # 7358 on the Explorer of the Seas. There are 2 adults and our 2 teen age kids (1 boy & 1 girl) . We booked this cabin because the brochure has an * in the room which the brochure states that there is a 3 bed in the cabin which is a pull down recessed ceiling bed. This is in addition to the 2 twin beds that convert into a double and the sofa bed. Well now, 3 weeks before our cruise, we find out that the brochure is wrong and there is no ceiling bed. So now we are trying to figure out what to do, our 2 teen ager can not sleep together and me and my wife did not pay to sleep on a sofa bed. Our TA was going by the brochure and he even called to confirm that there was no 3rd bed. There are NO 3rd beds in cabins with balconies. Any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Warning Explorer Brochure wrong and misleading

Barry,
Your TA made a huge mistake. The brochure plainly states that this cabin has a third berth which is a pullman OR sofabed. The TA should have confirmed this with the cruiseline at the time of booking as you did book a four person vacation. IMHO the TA dropped the ball and they need to get you a cabin that holds four people. I can't even figure out how they managed to book the four of you in a three person cabin!
Jim
Old June 4th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Default UPDATE on # of beds

Well first called TA and he said that the brochure was wrong (no %#$^&) and that there was not much he could do. So I call RCCL and spoke with Customer Service. He did again that the brochure was wrong and since we have a boy and girl teen ager agreed that our cabin would not work. He was actually kind and agreeable. He would check to see what was available and switch our cabin, either with someone with same Catagory or keep on going. So maybe we may get an upgrade, he was also going to call our TA and work with him and hopefully let us know tomorrow. I will keep you informed of the news. Wish me luck. And thanks for all your suggestions and comments.
Old June 5th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: UPDATE on # of beds

Hi Buzz,
Wishing you luck in getting a cabin that will work for you and the family, sorry you had to go through all this, at least you have a cruise to look forward to, have fun and do keep us informed as to what RCCL is doing, tks.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 5th, 2001, 11:48 AM
marco

Default Re: UPDATE on # of beds

I don't think you will have a problem. Even if the TA dropped the ball, when he contacted the line and gave them 4 names for 1 cabin "someone'" there should have said, "wait a minute, that cabin can only accomodate 3, not 4". As they accepted the booking, I would think they will find you a cabin that can accomodate the four of you, even if it means putting you in a top catagory cabin. Good Luck!!
Old June 10th, 2001, 12:08 AM
snickers

Default Re: Warning Explorer Brochure wrong and misleading

I just returned from Voyager of the Seas with a balcony cabin. The Explorer is the sister ship to Voyager and is supposed to be just like Voyager in my understanding.

There were rooms in my hallway with two queen beds and a bed above that pulled down from wall or ceiling. I thought it would be great for a family. I just can't imagine sharing the one small bathroom with 4 or 5 people in one room.