Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default group tour and upgrades

What are the chances that a cruise line will give me preferential treatment for an upgrade if I am booking a group? I am willing to pay more but I would like to think that I would have a good chance of a larger cabin, if available, as we get closer to sailing. I am looking for a substantial discount. This is a family reunion and I would love to surprise my 80 year old parents with a roomier space. We are going to be a group of 25 people. Any tips?

Thankyou!

Patricia
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: group tour and upgrades

Probably less chance than you would like to think. Your TA will have the advantage. Usually for a group, assigned cabins are given. When someone picks a particular cabin and is part of a group, they will "tend" to stick with that booking so not to upset the "group". The alternative is to book and pay for a Category Guarantee for your folks just below the "upgrade" category you would like them to have. The only problem with a group is usually you are given certain category cabins at exact prices. Good Luck.
Bon Voyage