Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2001, 10:52 PM
Default run of ship??

Was wondering if anyone can tell me what run-of-ship is and is it worthwhile? I have a fabulous rate on a cruise but it is run of ship and I, being new to this, don't know what that is.

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2001, 11:11 PM
Default Re: run of ship??

Basically you buy the cruise and get whatever is available. Sometimes good sometimes the bottom, but who really cares, the cabin is for a little nap and a shower.....too many things to do to worry about the cabin. It will be ok,,,,,,go for it !
Old June 9th, 2001, 08:35 AM

Relax, you'll get the nicest cabin available when they do the final assignments. We almost always book a 'guarantee', you pay for the minimum cabin that you can stand (Inside/Outside/Veranda) & get the best one that's empty. Now of course people that booked guarantees earlier than you are ahead of you in line.
We've done this 4 out of our 5 cruises & always been very pleased.
Happy Sailing
Old June 9th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Here's a link to an article I wrote about guarantees and run of ship that should help explain it..

<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
Old June 9th, 2001, 11:13 AM

Thanks for this info! I am not concerned really with what cabin I get - just was curious as to what it meant. I am willing to take anything just for the privilege of being on the ship.

Old June 11th, 2001, 05:31 PM
J. Barker

Kuki: Read your article about cabin guarantees, especially "best available cabin" and am wondering about the following situation. We booked a river cruise on Delta Queen Lines, directly with the carrier, in response to their web site posting which advertised "best available cabin" for a certain price. The reservation agent stated that this meant "best available" at the time the booking was made, and gave us the cabin number to which we would be assigned. This seems to be at odds with what you are saying in your article, so we are wondering if we are looking at a probable disappointment ahead? (Haven't had time to receive anything in writing from Delta Queen Lines yet).

rates, run, ship, yo